Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

On a cut do you find it is better to focus on strength or beating the muscle?

upthebench

So here i am doing my first cut and finally the strength loss hit me. It was not too bad but i did lose 1 rep on my incline bench AMRAP set.I do not have a spotter so i just take the one set to failure with a few drop sets focusing on increasing volume rather than weight. Of course i hit my chest/tri muscles earlier this week and had two days of intense cardio before coming back in the gym so maybe it was that, but i am getting the feeling that as i cut and continue to up the cardio and drop the calories that my progress in the gym will not be so linear like it was. With this in mind how exactly should i go about a cut without losing muscle/strength?

Is it better to do a strength style routine where i give the muscles adequate rest and push to overload them theoretically giving enough stimulus to at least maintain since the load will stay the same or increase.

Or is it better to really just work the muscle so that my body doesn't just maintain strength due to neural efficiency. By this i mean like doing a push/pull/legs routine with 2 exercises for each typical bro muscle and just go to town with 5 or so sets to failure just focusing on the failure feeling rather than the weight or reps or sets.

Which style of training would best help me maintain muscle on a cut?

Or if i am coming across stupid what is the best way a natty can maintain muscle on a cut?

Thanks.

Top Bottom