Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OMG So Confused about Cardio:(

JavaGuru said:
If you're going to do Am cardio I would at least take some BCAA's and glutamine peptides because low intensity cardio does cause amino acid oxidation. Combine that with the fact you're performing the exercise when your cortisol levels are highest, in the AM and after a fast. The mere fact fasted cardio dramatically increases fat burning indicates the catabolic hormones are elevated and you're suffering catabolism. Avoiding this is the whole reason bodybuilders eat every two to three hours. Exercise induced catabolism is the same reason I consume of BCAA, glutamine peptide and dextrose shake during my workout. It gives a noticable improvement in recovery and motivation during the workout. However, if AM cardio works better for you then go ahead, you can't argue with results.
It's unecessary if done CORRECTLY and works like no other..............I've taught a few the correct way and have seen the fat melt off.......do they lose some strength? VERY minimal, if any...............

just do it! try cardio and HITT, morn or evening, same days and other days, empty stomach, post carbs, etc.

test it out, and see how it works for YOU. we are all too different.

yeah, i think it comes down to me. I just did cradio this morning and liked the pace and the fact that my day does not evolve around the track. So i will report if i lose fat, blah blah blah. BTW, i take no fat burning crap. Just whey/creatine and im cutting.

anya said:
20-30 minutes of cardio 3-4 mornings weekly on an empty stomach is not going to jeopardize your LBM. It will however prevent your body from utilizing recently consumed carbs for energy and encourage it to access stored calories, i.e bodyfat. If, on the other hand, you did 1 hour of intense cardio every morning for a month then you'd probably be risking some muscle, but the degree depends on your bodytype. If you're a ectomorph you'd want to be particularly careful.

WHy would the body not burn lbm onthe ON days of morning cardio? Its not like its the sum of all cardio, its more time specific. Ie. Do cardio now, use bodyfat fuel now. SO I think doing cardio 3 over 7 days a week aint gonna make it from beneficialt to negative.

Why would it burn LBM if you are doing low intensity, low impact cardio that does nothing but raise your heart rate? We aren't talking about going for a 45 minute run (or even necessarily a walk) here, we're talking about cycling, rowing, whatever you like as long as its low impact.

i know how you feel. i dont want to lose muscle mass so i just run once a week and i also play alot of hockey. plus my 4 days of lifting. it works great for me,

Interesting.....

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do;jsessionid=F06D5992796D43A92CFB157C66F9C06D.ba13?id=483905

Today's nutrition tip comes from John Berardi:

Pre-Exercise Protein and Carbs to BURN FAT!

Pre-, during, and post-exercise nutritional intake is critical for improving protein status and glycogen synthesis, but a lot of people still fear that the ingestion of protein and carbs during these times will decrease fat burning.

They’re wrong!

Data I’ve collected during my doctoral tenure has demonstrated that even in the presence of a relatively high carbohydrate intake (and large insulin response), the addition of protein to a carb meal can increase fat burning during exercise via glucagon-stimulated lipolysis (fat breakdown). That’s right, glucagon may overpower insulin during exercise, thus increasing the amount of fat burned.

In the study by Rowlands and Hopkins, subjects eating about 120g of carbohydrate and 85g of protein burned more fat during exercise than they did when exercising in a fasted state! The protein and carb group also burned more fat than the group ingesting 15g carbs, 28g protein, and 112g fat and the group ingesting 258g carbs, 28g protein, and 6g fat.

So it looks like a well-designed pre-, during, and post-exercise meal will not only improve protein status and glycogen resynthesis, but it may actually increase fat burning to get you bigger and leaner!

This is why I am so angry at the new work hours i have to keep. With my commute i have no time to do cardio any more now that i have to be at work earlier.

So instead i have to do it in the evenings. I've decided on some high intensity stuff to help burn all the calories i injested during the day.

In the mornings i was doing the light hill climb/walk on the tread and some elyptical. Now i do hard elyptical and jogging/biking.

Top Bottom