Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Olympic weight lifters?

west, my bro, im pretty sure most people consider powerlifting lifting the most amount of weight possible in the most mechanicaly advantagious position. weightlifting is not powerlifting

still think your a good bro, though

[CinnamonBuns] said:
west, my bro, im pretty sure most people consider powerlifting lifting the most amount of weight possible in the most mechanicaly advantagious position. weightlifting is not powerlifting

still think your a good bro, though
good point. perhaps i was just grouping people together by saying that "powerlifters train to lift the most weight possible"
but i just dont think that only people who comptete in squat, bench and deadlift should be called powerlifters. i consider olympic weightlifters to be powerlifters, especially seeing as the lifts they compete in require more actualy "power" (explosive force) than traditional powerlifting.

*The_West* said:
thank you for that, but it is of no relevance. of course i know the sport in which they compete is called olympic weightlifting. but you were trying to tell me that i shouldnt call them powerlifters.

I'm a powerlifter, I don't wanna be called a weighlifter (just because I too lift weights) simply for the reason because they are two different sports. It might not mean much for those who are not in the sport, but for those are, for them it means much.

1-2 times a month I send results from a powerlifting contest to a local newspaper, and every now and then they print them as weightlifting results. Don't ask if it pisses us off.

perkele said:
I'm a powerlifter, I don't wanna be called a weighlifter (just because I too lift weights) simply for the reason because they are two different sports. It might not mean much for those who are not in the sport, but for those are, for them it means much.

1-2 times a month I send results from a powerlifting contest to a local newspaper, and every now and then they print them as weightlifting results. Don't ask if it pisses us off.
i thought you said you were a "former powerlifter"
but anyhow, regarding the part i bolded, seeing as i am neither a powerlifter, nor an olympic weightlifter, i can understand that.

*The_West* said:
good point. perhaps i was just grouping people together by saying that "powerlifters train to lift the most weight possible"
but i just dont think that only people who comptete in squat, bench and deadlift should be called powerlifters. i consider olympic weightlifters to be powerlifters, especially seeing as the lifts they compete in require more actualy "power" (explosive force) than traditional powerlifting.

i agree that the titles of the sports could easily mean the same thing

but if we dont keep them seperated in the long run shit will just get confusing

the exercises are completely different the sports are different too, the only thing an oly squat and pl sqaut have in common is that they are called squats.

perkele said:

as someone who loves oly's i can understand not wanting to get confused with pl.

you can probably classify bodybuilding powerlifting and olys all as weightlifting

Has the Olymopic Weightlifting taken place yet? If not when is it?

Whiskey

*The_West* said:

Dude, powerlifting and olympic weightlifting are different sports. Just because you want to refer to an orange as an apple doesn't make it so.

:cow:

Top Bottom