Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

OK ZMA vs. generic Zn/Mg/Ca

Lumberg

Ok I recently bought for under $3 a 100-pill bottle of Zinc Sulfate, Magnesium Oxide, Calcium Carbonate pills, with 100% RDA of each mineral at K-mart.

Given:

Chelated Minerals absorb better than Sulfates, Oxides, etc.

This bottle is a 1-month supply (I figure 3x the RDA should do the trick)

The cheapest ZMA is about $15 for a month's supply

Does the other stuff absorb 5 TIMES better than this? Even with the B6? I doubt it.

And, finally, if calcium interferes with the absorption of Zinc, why does just about every vitamin company have a Zinc/Mag/Cal formulation? Don't you think someone would have said something? I think the makers of ZMA KNOW that this type of formulation is common and want us to believe that THEIR stuff and their stuff only works.

So I am going to stick to my generic shit and will advise of any results (I'm not expecting anything except perhaps feeling a little less run down and more ready to work out). I did start to feel slightly more alert and awake yesterday afternoon after I took a couple pills.

I will try taking the three pills 45 min before bed (I try to eat immediately before bed), but yesterday I took a couple as soon as I bought the bottle.

That's it and all references, criticisms, and cogent discussion is appreciated.

JC

ZMA is over hyped, over priced but not more effective than a generic Zn/Mg/B6 formulation

you should just not take Ca with your stack (prevents Zn absorption)
and use Mg aspartate or any other AA chelated form (Mg oxide is poorly absorbed)

OK, I looked but could not find. Can you show me the reference that says Ca, specifically Calcium Carbonate, inhibits absorption of Zinc from Zinc Sulfate?

And figures that say HOW MUCH better the boy absorbs chelated Mg over MgO?

Thanks,

JC

Top Bottom