Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Oils

4 tablespoons? Whoa, thats a lot of calories. I was afraid of that much, but maybe I shouldn't be because I do need more calories. Should I be afraid for any reason?

cwc73 said:
4 tablespoons? Whoa, thats a lot of calories. I was afraid of that much, but maybe I shouldn't be because I do need more calories. Should I be afraid for any reason?
520 cals to be exact.......I don't use a measuring cup type of tablespoon, just a regular big spoon, so maybe it's a little less. Alot of peeps break it up into morn and night. I have always read 2-4 tbls a day.

Dave

No, that's the idea behind taking essential fatty acids (EFA). They help metabolize the fat stored in your body. If you don't get enough fat in your diet your body thinks it needs to go into survival mode and starts clinging onto all available fats (in preparation for the coming winter months). By taking flax, you reassure your mainframe it's getting an adequate diet and you help burn off the excess as well.

fortunatesun said:
No, that's the idea behind taking essential fatty acids (EFA). They help metabolize the fat stored in your body. If you don't get enough fat in your diet your body thinks it needs to go into survival mode and starts clinging onto all available fats (in preparation for the coming winter months). By taking flax, you reassure your mainframe it's getting an adequate diet and you help burn off the excess as well.

cool, I never completely understood that stuff.
Well, exactly how many grams of fat is "adequate"? I'm currently on a 25-2700cal diet at the moment experimenting.

Last edited:
I take 2 tbsps daily (1 in the morning, one in the afternoon before lifting)... since I am cutting, that is all I can take to keep my fats at 25%

So when taking the flax, do you guys still follow the whole no carbs with fat? Even with the flax?

I've tried it every which way and for me, a small amount of carbs works best. I don't feel there's anything wrong with doing no or as few carbs as possible and over the short run may help you achieve your goals faster. Experimenting for a week or two with various methods to see how your individual metablism responds won't hurt anything.

Top Bottom