Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Nutritional calculator software

spatterson said:

spatterson uses the labels directly off the packages. I also have a breakdown for fruits, veggies, nuts, and seeds, that I keep in a three ring binder along with my tracking sheets.

Tee hee. Was wondering when you and MS would hear your names being mentioned :D

Thanks for the input. Spatterson, my respect for you just keeps growing. You don't shy away from any task. I'd go nuts having to look at every single label, then count up the servings, add it all together ...

And I feel a bit too challenged here. Being veggie, it's hard to balance the content of some foods with others. Also, Japanese manufacturers are not required to put nutitional labels on food, so sometimes you just don't know. And the distributors cover up the labels on imported food with the stickiest translation labels they can find. :mad: :mad:

MS, I was looking at something like a Palm Pilot idea - I'm still investigating that. I downloaded a trial version of a desktop product, as well, that seems to be quite good, except that the caloric values to the gram amounts don't seem to be exact. Or maybe they are exact and carbs /fat/protein are not EXACTLY 4/9/4 calories to the gram???

I think I could probably browse some Japanese diet pages to pick up the calorie values of some of the food here - like lotus root, bamboo shoots, natto (eugh - but super healthy). I'm just too addicted to elitefitness to go anywhere else on the web nowadays!

Thanks for the ideas. I'm gonna be the most nutritionally accurate girl in town pretty shortly! :D

Top Bottom