Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Noob needs help with program

mlcampbell43

Hey again all,
I've posted a few times about some other things, some stupid, but have always got some real good responses. I have a training question. I have been doing the starting strength program since Jan 11th. Here are my stats for my 3X5 working sets so far:

.....................................Jan 11................................ Jan 29
Squats..................... 145 x 3 x5.................... 215 x 3 x 5 and 215 is pretty easy.
Deadlift................... 195 x 1 x 5................... 245 x 3 x 4 again pretty easy.
Bench ......................135 x 3 x 5 ...................165 x 3 x 5 I missed it one w/o but got it easy next
Overhead Press....... 75 x 3 x 5..................... 90 x 3 x 5

A little background. I had a serious right shoulder injury in the Army that took 3 years to rehab. I am finally back up to 90% range of motion, all lost mobility is reaching behind my back. So it functions almost completely normal. During those rehab, and a little longer, years I got FAT as hell. For the last half year I reduced my calories and walked/ran and lost 60+ pounds so far. I am down to 220 as of today. When I slimmed down I noticed I had no where near the muscle mass that I had in service. My question is this. Why is my bench and overhead so pathetically slow to progress? It is a little frustrating to see my other lifts go up so easy and I'm struggling with my upper body. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for all your help in advance.
BTW- I know these weights are pretty sad. I got really out of shape.:FRlol:

Last edited:
they look fairly proportional... your legs and back should be stronger than your arms and chest....
as long as they progress you are doing fine...

I guess I'm more curious that the percentage of gain seems way out of wack to me. I could be wrong, I am new to this. I had goals of having a 300 lb squat and 225 lb bench by the end of 3 months. I'm worried about making that in the bench.

Top Bottom