Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

nice tyson videos

Jacob Creutzfeldt said:
That's more an issue of the person he hits being off balance with bad footwork.
all of them? :lmao: and why were they off balance? dropped on their heads as kids?

bran987 said:
all of them? :lmao: and why were they off balance? dropped on their heads as kids?

Which opponents did he do this to in particular? I have to look at the fights if you want the accurate count of bad footwork vs. deathtouch. Generally if a fighter goes down stumbling after blocking a punch it is caused by bad footwork. Yes, it could be all of them, and no they do not need to be dropped on their heads as kids to be off balance. One of the purposes of proper footwork is to keep you always in balance.

Jacob Creutzfeldt said:
Which opponents did he do this to in particular? I have to look at the fights if you want the accurate count of bad footwork vs. deathtouch. Generally if a fighter goes down stumbling after blocking a punch it is caused by bad footwork. Yes, it could be all of them, and no they do not need to be dropped on their heads as kids to be off balance. One of the purposes of proper footwork is to keep you always in balance.

I hear what you're saying, and have seen it happen of course. When Trinidad was a top fighter he used to get knocked down all the time due to this. So did Prince Haseem. But if the fighters were falling with Tyson due to bad footwork, then explain why the couldn't get up afterwards. The most impressive display of power I ever saw from Tyson, or any fighter probably for that matter was in one his early fights against that taller guy with the big afro. I can't think of his name right now, but when I have more time I'll get it and maybe someone can post a link to the actual knockout. They show it in slow motion on the beyond the glory show, and it's a fight that espn classic always shows when they are doing their old school Tyson runs. Basicall the guy stepped to the side of Tyson somewhat as Tyson was kind of sidestepping him. Tyson threw a looping sideways hook from the worst possible angle and set-up imaginable. I mean, I can't imagaine being able to generate any power from this position. I've tried to position my body and feet in the same manner just to see how much I can get on a punch from it and it's hardly anything. Anyways, the punch barely grazed the guy on top of that..... yet his feet come off the ground and his body flies violently into the ropes and he goes down unable to get up. I mean, you can see the momentum of his body hitting the ropes and then bouncing off of them. The announcers themselves arent' even sure when and where he got hit until they watch the replay from two or three different angles and then you can see that it was an akward, worthless looking punch that lifted a heavyweight fighter up off his feet and left him unable to continue. It's stuff like that which leaves me in total awe when watching the old Tyson fights.

Tyson was a trained killer. But he never faced the dudes from the Soviet Block/Eastern Europe. I know "what ifs" are BS. But you see what these former Soviet fighters are doing today.....Tearing up the Heavyweight divisions. It's to bad they weren't aloud to fight Tyson back in the 80's and early 90's. I don't think there ever would of been a Tyson. That's just my 2 cents.

Saying Mike Tyson wasn't a great boxer because he had no Fraizer to his Ali is like saying Michael Jordan isn't one of the greatest basketball players because he didn't have a Larry Bird or Magic Johnson.

Being so good that it looks like every other fighter looks l ike shit should say something.

Top Bottom