Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Newb Diet advice

knobler

Hey guys,

So i been reading for a while and trying to learn, but with all the info and conflicting info its quite difficult so i figured id just ask someone. I used to work out alot, and i got older and busy with life so i gained a little weight.

my stats are:
30 years old
6 feet tall
205 pounds
dont have a fat measuring device but scale says 25% i know thats not very accurate tho, im mostly skinny but with a bit of a gut.

I have just started this diet over the last couple weeks and would like some info on it and any other advice.

breakfast at about 6:30am

4 eggs scrambled with extra virgin olive oil:
402 cals - fat 28 - pro 28
kale: 70 cals - fat 1 - carbs 14- pro 5
cherry tomatoes: 40 cals - carbs 10 - pro 2
extra virgin olive oil 120: cals - fats 14

512 cals - fats 43 - carbs 24 - pro 35

snack around 9:00

1/2 cup steel cut oats 300 cals - carbs 50
1 cup mixed berries 70 cals - carbs 17 - pro 1
protein powder 120 cals - pro 30

totals 490 cals - carbs 67 - pro 31

snack and dinner combined at noon and 5pm

chicken breastx2 560 cals - fats 6 - 110 pro
mixed vegx2 236 cals - carbs 48
avacado 289 cals - fat 25 - carbs 15 - pro 5

totals 1085 cals - fats 31 - carbs 63 - pro 115

daily totals - 2087 cals - fats 74 - carbs 154 - pro 181

bmr is 2061
tdee is 3194

4 litres of water dranken daily. maybe a glass of whole milk a week.

i would like to cut down on weight first and then focus on strength.. well, i think anyways. i will post my workout routine in the appropriate forum as well in the coming days to make that better too. sometime i do switch things up like i will have a couple pieces of fish instead of chicken, also switch up the veg sometimes. I try to keep all my meals within an 8-9 hour window. i have read alot about IF diet, and also that i dont sleep well or feel good in the mornings when i eat in the eve. i feel very sluggish the next day.

Also I workout after work at about 6pm, how does that effect things.

Thank you in advance for your help!

i wrote snack and dinner combined because whatever i make for one i just cook double and have the same thing. i didnt mean combined like i eat it all at once or what not. i read that and it sounded weird.

Hi Knobler

I know a "Knobler" but he's English, are you?

Basically, looking at your diet I see a sort of keto hybrid. In that respect there's a bit of balance rather than focusing too much on very high protein intake, which is good if you're planning on mixing the diet up with cardio to lose weight. Two things that concern me a little: Very little iron and calcium here, especially from livestock and dairy sources. You should consider drinking at least 0.5 pint of milk every day (semi-skimmed) and some form of red meat at least once a week, preferably twice.

Low intake of iron might be at least part responsible for morning tiredness and feeling groggy and unable to get-going. Iron boosts red blood cells and their efficiency for transporting oxygen and nutrients around the body and into muscle tissues. Calcium lends to bone strength, and it's an excellent source of protein.

Calcium + iron = strong muscle contraction + endurance = faster recovery/growth.

Happy Easter:)

Hey mate, thanks for the reply. No I'm not English I am Canadian. Adding some red meat is no problem at all. A steak twice a week instead of chicken is completely doable and will also help with switching up from eating chicken so often!

As for the milk, aside from 'left on the counter' temperature water, it is my favourite thing to drink. I have just read in terms of weight loss dairy is bad for you. I suppose though that maybe dropping something like the avocado which is almost 300 cals and having a glass of milk instead would be an option. I do try to eat all around healthy and basic; Meat and veg.

I do 30 min on the treadmill before I workout. I hit the gym 5 days a week. 3 on 1 off, 2 on 1 off. I also do alot of bike riding. I'd say about an hour on average daily. Pretty intense biking, very hilly area and I always try to push it going uphill. Just starting that as there is still plenty of snow here, but it's finally warming up at least.

I've also tried to start drinking green tea. Not a fan of heated drinks but it's growing on me. A couple a week now. Trying to get addicted to it or something so I can tolerate a couple a day!

Hi Knobler

Dairy is about as bad for you as chicken or pork, weight-loss wise. The confusion with dairy products comes when everything is considered high fat. So you've got cream, milk, cheese, and yoghurt etc. Yes, all of them are high in saturated fats....except 'low fat' options. If you eat full-fat milk, cream, and normal cheeses, and in high volume, then you're likely to become very fat very quickly. Like anything else in the world though, we have to carefully select the healthy option(s) and consume in moderation.

Low-fat yoghurt and/or skimmed milk at a pint per day, or thereabouts, will provide protein and calcium, and a gamut of other minerals and vitamins you'll be hard placed to find in any other food groups in abundance.

Green tea? It's not for me so I cannot comment without being biased against it. However, it is touted to be a very therapeutic cuppa and in some instances has been thought to be good at detoxing and containing some fat burning qualities. Try it out and see if it works for you.

Have you lost any weight since embarking on this regime?

Craig

I'm down about 25 pounds in 6 months. Half of that in the last 3. I'm not one to over night change my whole diet. I changed good in and bad out over the first couple months to that, got used to lower calories etc in that time as well.

I am in the gym going hard, doing cardio daily as well, walking Instead of driving, stuff like that. I am losing weight but just trying to quicken it by improving my diet and routine as good as I can.

Hi Knobler.

You've got an excellent approach and attitude to weight loss behaviour and lifestyle.
It's very difficult to radically impose changes on your eating and habits and activity routine, and for me, it's one the main reasons most people fall out of these 'New Year resolutions' very quickly after starting. Having a gradual but effective phasing of dietary changes and physical activity is a good long term strategy to use and it brings superb results for those who do it successfully.

Your weight loss is going to be specific fat loss too because fast-trak diets usually rid the body of a lot of muscle-mass and water vs. fat deposits. Losing at about 1 pound per week is going to be more effective at preserving the muscle mass and targeting fat deposits only. Steady losses at one pound a week is brilliant. Well done!

Keep going dude:)

Craig

Top Bottom