Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New routine questions

Tblock1

So I've been looking for a new routine for a while. One that is based on gaining strength in bench, squat, deadlift, and military press.

Stats:
6'0 185 lbs

Bench: 275x1
Squat: not sure right now but probably around 225x10...pretty poor
Deadlift: maybe 380x5 max
military press: 165x5

Goals:
Bench: 315x1
Squat: 350x1
Deadlift: 500x1
Military press: 185x1

I do physical training 3 days a week in the mornings and that includes running so that will make it a bit harder to progress. Consistency has been my main problem I usually only end up lifting 2x a week, need 3x minimum. I havent squatted or deadlifted very consistently in the last few months, so my strength isnt too bad considering that

Any ideas for a good simple routine will be appreciated

So I've been looking for a new routine for a while. One that is based on gaining strength in bench, squat, deadlift, and military press.

Stats:
6'0 185 lbs

Bench: 275x1
Squat: not sure right now but probably around 225x10...pretty poor
Deadlift: maybe 380x5 max
military press: 165x5

Goals:
Bench: 315x1
Squat: 350x1
Deadlift: 500x1
Military press: 185x1

I do physical training 3 days a week in the mornings and that includes running so that will make it a bit harder to progress. Consistency has been my main problem I usually only end up lifting 2x a week, need 3x minimum. I havent squatted or deadlifted very consistently in the last few months, so my strength isnt too bad considering that

Any ideas for a good simple routine will be appreciated

You're workout is inline with the 5*5 routine which from what I understand is extremely effective. You need 3 days a week for sure with one days rest in between. It focuses on the strength excersises you mentioned and the key is to go up 5lbs every workout. Check out stronglift.com it's pretty helpful

Strong Lifts 5x5!
Right up your ally bro.
Google it and check it out.
Simple and extremely effective if you do exactly as it is written.
Let us know what you decide bro.:D

You need to bring up your squat more than anything else. Why not try a simple pyramid progression on your main lifts with squats landing first in the week, bench/ohp as day 2 and pulls on day 3?

They've helped me progress already and it's a good change from a linear 5x5 kind of template. Going for higher reps and/or weight on a pyramid has especially helped with my bench and squat...not so muchh on deads because I haven't tried it yet. Generally only 2 working sets would be to total failure.

Example Routine:

Day 1 -Squats
Back Squat
Warmup set 1: 135x15
Warmup set 2: 155x10
Working set 1: 185x10
Working set 2: 205x8
Working set 3: 225x6
Working set 4: 245x4

Good Mornings
3x8-10

Hack Squats
3x8-10

Day 2 (ohp 1st eo week, bench 1st eo week)
Bench Press
95x15
135x10
185x12
225x8
245x6
275x3

OHP-right into working sets
95x10
135x8
155x6
170x3

Tate Press
3x10

Face Pulls
3x15

Day 3-pulls

Deadlift
135x10
225x10
275x10
325x8
380x5
415x2

GHR
3x10

Dumbell Row-heavy
3x10+

Chins
3x6-8

Just an idea...each day shouldnt take much more than 45 mins to an hour, the most important bases are covered and the routine is well rounded as long as you can make yourself do a little better every week by either setting higher rep or weight PR's.

thanks for the suggestions guys whatever routine I do I will probably start tomorrow (monday).

lweaver I like your suggestion a lot as I have already run the 5x5 a lot and am kind of tired of it. That routine looks awesome. Don't you think 2 sets to failure is kind of a lot though? I usually try to not do any sets to failure or one occasionally at most

Just do not push yourself hard.Keep it simple and steady.
You can increase as per your requirement but just dont go viral at the same time.

I guess it's up to the individual but I've never had a problem with going to failure on 2, 3 or even all sets. Maybe try just one set to failure and see how it feels? Generally my last 1-2 sets are always to failure if I'm using this method.

Westside would be a nice switch for you too, would force you to do more squats and less deads and focus on your weaknesses.

Top Bottom