Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New recession-friendly "I'm a PC" ad delivers uppercut to Apple

Both are considered overpriced consumer electronics. Mac brand laptops are not exactly a necessary component to modern-day living either.

Also, you'd be surprised at the demographics of console these days-

http://www.smrb.com/uploads/XboxPlayStationDownload_06.23.08.pdf

You have also shown your personal bias towards video games. It remains a fact that games are just that -- games. They serve no practical function outside of immediate entertainment, regardless of whether it's Koopa Troopas targetted at 10-year-olds or naked car chases and bloody shootouts targetted at 18-year-olds.

The Nintendo Power Glove was expensive when it came out, too. Cool toys simply cannot be compared to products that have become necessary for existence in the modern world: in this case, laptop computers.

:cow:

You have also shown your personal bias towards video games. It remains a fact that games are just that -- games. They serve no practical function outside of immediate entertainment, regardless of whether it's Koopa Troopas targetted at 10-year-olds or naked car chases and bloody shootouts targetted at 18-year-olds.

The Nintendo Power Glove was expensive when it came out, too. Cool toys simply cannot be compared to products that have become necessary for existence in the modern world: in this case, laptop computers.

The power glove was anything BUT cool!

You conveniently ignored my part about "Mac brand laptops" not being exactly necessary.

Anyways it's funny, when I fried my chip in my old pc, I used my PS3 to go on line and buy a replacement part, print the receipt, watch youtube videos, email people, listen to music, make a digital photo album, run Stanford's disease research project aka Folding @ Home, and surf on EF while waiting for the new part.

Oh and I played a game now and then too. :)

I know what you mean. When I have to do work and NEED the machine to work, I use my Mac. When I'm just playing games, I use my PC / x360 / PS3 / Wii.

However, between the four, my PC has been the most expensive with the periodic machine upgrades (yes, to play games).

You conveniently ignored my part about "Mac brand laptops" not being exactly necessary.

X brand of a product is not exactly necessary. Y brand of a product is not exactly necessary. Every brand of a product is not exactly necessary. The product is not exactly necessary. No product is exactly necessary. Argumentum ad absurdum.

Anyways it's funny, when I fried my chip in my old pc, I used my PS3 to go on line and buy a replacement part, print the receipt, watch youtube videos, email people, listen to music, make a digital photo album, run Stanford's disease research project aka Folding @ Home, and surf on EF while waiting for the new part.

You listed music, games, youtube, surfing boards, photo albums -- sounds like entertainment to me.

Moreover, you must get funny looks when you use your PS3 at work.

you can stream stuff from your lappy using Vuze too

It's a smart ad campaign basically doing exactly what Apple did. However, the only thing they really have going is price. All Apple would have to do is put out another commercial with someone paying more for a machine because a virus crashed their old one or they need to actually do serious publishing and design work.

All Apple would have to do is put out another commercial with someone paying more for a machine because a virus crashed their old one

All the PC person has to do is spend an extra 70 bucks on Kaspersky Internet Security. Virus/Adware/Firewall...it does it ALL...been running it a few years now and not one virus. So add 70 bucks onto the cost of the windows laptop and it's still WAY cheaper than the Mac. Nice try...but...FAIL

Top Bottom