Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

*New* Protein Lab! create your own custom formulas.

Big Rick Rock

istrator

Create your own custom formula with the help of the lab girl "Melissa".
Protein Lab will automaticaly give you the "Nutrition Facts" for your formula!

http://www.proteinfactory.com/store

Protein Factory's Sale of the Week is on Whey SMASH our newest protein mix!!

Our newsletter subscribers can order this formula at a 10% discount! To redeem this offer, please enter PFNL6WS in the comments section of your on-line order, which you will find once you hit submit. This offer expires August 6th, 2004.

Protein Factory New Products:

Protein Factory's Triple Layer Protein Bar... Coming Soon!!!

Protein Factory Web Site News:

Check out Protein Factory's exclusive interview with Jason Johnson-US Marine, Actor, Martial Artist & Competitive Bodybuilder.
http://www.proteinfactory.com/store/article_info.php?cArticlePath=10&articles_id=74

Protein Factory’s NEW X-Tra Special Proteins & Formulas are now on sale!!
http://www.proteinfactory.com/store/specials.php

View ProteinFactory's NEW Muscle Mail Bag
http://proteinfactory.com/store/article_info.php?cArticlePath=4&articles_id=75

www.Proteinfactory.com is a supplement company that creates original and innovative supplements with the main focus being protein, carbs, and fats. These are the most important supplements to use. They’re “REAL”, “GENUINE”, and “ORIGINAL”. Thus we like to exhibit some of our customers that use our products. Regular people that are: real, genuine, and original. This brings us to our next interview. A gentleman by the name of Jason Johnson. Jason is as tough and smart as they come. When it comes to training hardcore for peak performance this Jason is the perfect example of how to train to be 100%. Jason’s resume speaks for itself. Take a look below:

-1993: Wisconsin Inter Scholastic Athletic Association 189lb State Wrestling
Champion - Oshkosh, WI

-1994: U.S.M.C. "Iron Man of Boot Camp" Winner - San Diego, CA

-1994-1996: Member of Fleet Anti-Terrorism Security Team - Norfolk, VA

-1995: Marine Corp Marathon participant - Washington, DC

-1996: Graduated "Airborne" School - Ft. Benning, GA

-1996: Promoted to member of U.S.M.C. elite "Force Recon" unit - Camp Lejuene, NC

-1999: W.M.C. World Amateur Super Heavyweight Champion - Bangkok, Thailand

-1999: IKF US Amateur Super Heavyweight Champion - Omaha, NB

-2000: Bangkok Brawl MMA Heavyweight Champion - Chicago, IL

-2000: K-1 USA Participant - The Bellagio, Las Vegas 2001: IKF Heavyweight Gladiators participant - Milwaukee, WI

After reading his interview you will find that there are no “magic bullets” for gaining muscle and losing bodyfat. Hard work and eating right is the key.

Thanks, Jason

Q. When did you start training?

A. I started running at age 10 with my Dad and he also introduced me to weight training in a circuit fashion on machines at the local YMCA.

Q. What type of diet did you have in High School?

A. In High School, I remember eating your basic 3 meals a day and added two protein shakes a day as well once I got a little educated. I do remember trying to eat a good balance of protein and carbs even in high school to help fuel my workouts and practices for football and wrestling.

Q. I hear a lot of people say that the training in the Marines is not too bad. What is the intensity like for the new Marines coming in?

A. It depends what you are talking about. Bootcamp was a walk in the park compared to the training I engaged in afterward. Bootcamp offers a lot of emotional and mental stress along side the physical demands. If someone is properly prepared physically prior to bootcamp, then it should not pose a problem.

Q. When you were in the Marines do you think that you were provided an adequate diet to match the type of training that you were doing?

A. Yes and No, in bootcamp we had a ton of food offered to us, the only thing was we only had about 4 minutes to eat it. (Protein shakes would have been a big help. Now in other forms of training they purposely limit your rations to help you learn how to cope with not having food available. I would use supplements as much as I could while I was in. The food was

adequate if you are talking calories, but at times (especially in the field) it could have used a boost in fulfilling all of the nutritional needs. But, I know that they have improved their Meals Ready To Eat (MREs.)-which were taken out in the field.

Q. Were "Expert" nutritionist there to teach you how to eat or did you have to basically teach yourself?

A. The over and underweight recruits in boot camp got expert help, I think. But, I don't recall receiving any. They may have given us a basic health class in bootcamp, I don't recall.

Q. What was a typical day like having to deal with which foods and supplements that you took in during your "Operation" days?

A. They would supply us with MRE's (Meals ready to eat) which I knew were not the optimal way to do things nutritionally, but they gave the body fuel to get the job done. Now, when we were at the barracks, we would get 3 meals given to us at the chow hall, which provided great variety and plenty of good food.

Q. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the most important) how important is diet when trying to reach your peak conditioning level?

A. I can't put a number on it because it depends at what level of nutrition you are talking about, but studies have shown that 80% of your progress in body composition comes from what food you do and do not eat. If you want to run like a sports car, you need to only put Super-unleaded in your tank.

Q. Do you feel Americans have an edge over foreign nations because we have more access to experts in training and supplementation?

A. Yes, without a doubt, I have lived in 3rd world countries and they are happy enough just to have clean water.

Q. What type of diet do you follow prior to martial arts bouts?

A. I do a high protein, medium carbs and low fat diet, eating about 8 meals a day.

Q. What type of supplements do you use?

A. I use supplements consisting of Whey, Meal Replacements, Creatine, Glutamine, BCAAs, Anti Oxidant, Multi Vitamin, along with Thermogenics

Q. Do you use a sports drink?

A. Gatorade on occasion after a workout.

Q. What do you think is the best for growing muscle, Volume training, or H.I.T. training, or both? Or is there something that you totally do differently.

A. It all works, the key is to find a variety of things you love and change it frequently-with common sense of course.

Q. What is your favorite exercise and why?

A. I love running in the deep sand on the beach. I love the location, I love how it feels, and I love the results.

Q. What is the best strength exercise?

A. I always enjoy doing the basic dumbell and barbell exercises when I want to focus on improving strength. This could be bench pressing, shoulder pressing, bent rowing, pullups, squats, curls, tricep extentions and deadlifts.

Q. What is your least favorite exercise, meaning the exercise that you feel is the most worthless or least productive that you see people doing?

A. I think all exercises have some benefit, but what is worthless is watching people doing terrible form. And being a former personal trainer-this can drive me nuts because they can hurt themself!

Q. Do you use performance enhancing drugs?

A. NO, NEVER

Q. Do you use any "secret" techniques ( techniques meaning supplements, herbs, or training styles) that you learned from some foreign land that you
keep to yourself?

A. Yes, I have many ancient secrets, but I'll share them if someone really wants to know. The best technique is knowing in your own mind that you are achieving your goals. Feeling it before hand and then experiencing it.

Q. What is most important when trying to lose bodyfat?

A. Upping your metabolism through exercise and lowering your intake of calories in a sensible fashion, low enough to keep the fat dropping, but not too low to lower your metabolism.

Q. What is most important when trying to gain muscle mass?

A. Weight training in a way that tells your body it needs more muscle (always changing your routine, adding reps, weight or decreasing rest time etc.) and then resting it and feeding in with extra nutrients to grow.

Johson-article.jpg

Top Bottom