Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New PHASE of my life. Routine help needed

Judo Tom

Plat Hero
Platinum
Ok so for the last 15 years I have focused on strength and endurance training. I needed to maintain my weight and never strayed far from my weight class.

That is over I want to get bigger and stronger. However I train / teach 4days a week.

4 days a week I do 2hrs of training/teaching in bjj and judo. This burns a lot of calories and take a lot of energy for those that dont know. Also these are pretty much the only days I can CONSISTENTLY lift. Sometimes I can sneak in a lunch workout or an AM workout but normally I just lift then train.

I ve been doing wendler 531 and getting some good results with it. Just wondering if anyone would have some suggestions that would help me pack on some size now that I dont care about my weight. I have research strong lifts, madcow etc etc.. looking to see if any other 'cardio freaks have used a program to help them pack on some size.

I am a very experienced lifter. I have access to free weights and spotters. I know all the olympic lifts. I know all the power lifts. Diet is good. I sleep good. etc etc

Anything else just ask.

I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Hmm bro what exactly are your goals? If you are getting results from the 5/3/1 why change it?

I would say with your training that 3 days a week of heavy lifting would be perfect. Whole body movements will make you bigger, and just add some assistance to any lagging part. Make sure to eat more bro. Eat whatever you do now and eat 500 more cals a day. You will get bigger and stronger. Good luck

I agree with Glad. Concentrate on compound lifts primarily. Eat more food. Rest any time you can. You need to give your bod time to recover. Also on your weight workouts add all the weight to the bar every time that you can.
I think that you prolly have a lot to gain from manipulating your diet, way more protien, way more food in general and dont be afraid to have some good stuff...pizza, some fast food, milk, eggs, all kinds of meat and lots of it. PB&J sandwiches for snaks a couple times per day.
Good luck and keep us up on how you doin bro!

thanks. Im halfway between both of those posts advice. 5/3/1 is working.... but i am wondering how optimal it is. sometimes i just feel i can be doing more weight or increasing the weight sooner than that program. but it is working. I think i am going to modify it slightly not in volume or days but just increase the weight more frequently.

Hey JT,
So what did you end up doing with the 5/3/1 and how is it working for you bro?
Cmon man post up we wanna know!

right now I am making good gains on 5/3/1 I am doing the boring but big protocol.

I also and making some jumps in weight a bit sooner then he suggests. Not huge but I havent lifted like this in 15 years and I had kept myself artificially small for years so I think my body is just ready to GROW.

I had thought about a 5x5 program but for now I am going to stick with this version of 5/3/1 until I stall. I am doing military press, dead, bench, and squat. Sometimes I do front squat instead of squat.

I think the boring but big gives enough work for some growth and 4x a week is working well for me for now. I still train 4x a week for 2hrs so that is a lot of cardio and I dont think a 5 day split with a lot of volume would work for me in my current situation.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

Awesome bro. I think with all the training you do, you want your body to be a machine, and you want your body to act as a unit, not isolation bullshit. Youre doing great

Top Bottom