Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

New best military

That's a half a smith machine military. You need to come down to your chest.
Most smith machines do not have a 45 pound unloaded weight because the bar is counterbalanced. So that's not 315.
And it looks like you got a little help on the second one, but still, you're strong.

:)

That's a half a smith machine military. You need to come down to your chest.
Most smith machines do not have a 45 pound unloaded weight because the bar is counterbalanced. So that's not 315.
And it looks like you got a little help on the second one, but still, you're strong.

:)

1/2 from a smith machine?
No, Maybe 45lbs but not half.
So when I do 365 you can really kiss my ass.

Excusses why I didn't go lower.
1. I have only lifted that weight once before. Its really fucking heavy.
2. I don't know they guy spotting me.
3. I like my shoulders and don't want to blow them out.

Anyways thanks for all of your responses especially from all of you haters. I look forward to your lifts. At least I had the balls to post this. Please post up your max military or any lift for that matter for us to evaluate.
For those that actually do lift heavy and know about this weight thank you for all of your positive comments. It has taken me a long time to get my strenth back. I tore tendons in both my elbows, the first last year and the second at the begining of this year. So I was out of the gym for almost 8 months.
Thanks again guys.

I didn't mean the smith bar weight was half, I meant your range of motion was half a military press. The smith machine bar weight could actually be less than half (of 45lb). I've used some where the bar practically goes up with one finger because the counter weight is just about equal to the bar weight.

I didn't mean the smith bar weight was half, I meant your range of motion was half a military press. The smith machine bar weight could actually be less than half (of 45lb). I've used some where the bar practically goes up with one finger because the counter weight is just about equal to the bar weight.

Fuck bro did you see my post?
I am fucking old and its fucking dumb at my age to go that low.
How old are you?
How much do you military?

That's good work man. Fuck the haters. I use smiths for military's too. Ive had shoulder issues and they're too easy to reinjure. Unless you're a competitive power lifter there's no sense risking it.

Sent from my PG86100 using EliteFitness

I don't think you should get upset because someone tried to correct your bad form. At age 40 you of all people should know one of the basics of lifting weights.

If you are forced to use improper form to lift the weight then lower until you can use correct form. THAT is how injuries happen. I see guys all the time do too much weight with bad form because they don't want to drop weight.

That's why you see guys rocking while curling or bouncing on squats or bench. These are all ways to do more weight while sacrificing form for a number. You're only cheating yourself and more importantly risking injury with a weight you can't handle.

The only reason I wrote this was so some inexperienced guy or girl doesn't think this is correct technique. I'm sorry if this offends you.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EliteFitness

I don't think you should get upset because someone tried to correct your bad form. At age 40 you of all people should know one of the basics of lifting weights.

If you are forced to use improper form to lift the weight then lower until you can use correct form. THAT is how injuries happen. I see guys all the time do too much weight with bad form because they don't want to drop weight.

That's why you see guys rocking while curling or bouncing on squats or bench. These are all ways to do more weight while sacrificing form for a number. You're only cheating yourself and more importantly risking injury with a weight you can't handle.

The only reason I wrote this was so some inexperienced guy or girl doesn't think this is correct technique. I'm sorry if this offends you.

Ok thank you for explaining.
This is a max lift so yes technique goes out the window and yes I should have gone lower but I was fucking amazed that I could do it in the first place. Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself. I don't max lift every workout, in fact I do 12-20 reps per set. I believe its better on the joints and I feel I get more blood into the muscles.
I also hate people that workout with too much weight, it looks rediculous and worse it fucking causes injuries.

Ok thank you for explaining.
This is a max lift so yes technique goes out the window and yes I should have gone lower but I was fucking amazed that I could do it in the first place. Thank you for taking the time to explain yourself. I don't max lift every workout, in fact I do 12-20 reps per set. I believe its better on the joints and I feel I get more blood into the muscles.
I also hate people that workout with too much weight, it looks rediculous and worse it fucking causes injuries.

That is a lot of weight and you're very strong and should be proud at any age to be working with that kind of weight. Also, took balls to post it. Thanks for understanding that I meant it respectfully and out of concern not hatred. There are plenty who hate me on here for not kissing ass or not being a sheep and just agreeing.

Keep up the good work. You obviously hit it hard. I'll be 40 in June and a lot of these guys don't know how much harder it gets when you get older.

Fuck bro did you see my post?
I am fucking old and its fucking dumb at my age to go that low.
How old are you?
How much do you military?

I'm 52.
Maybe I'm overly picky, but I hate it when people talk about their big weights when they are cheating.
But don't take offense. I'm not putting you in that category because you posted the youtube of your lift, so you weren't trying to mislead anyone.

People say they squat 500 but they only half squat. A guy who half squats 500 might not even squat 200.

So in my book, if a guy talks about his max weights, he should be talking about legal lifts.

I don't think I can do the military that you did right now, so props to you. But when I talk about my squat, I'm talking parallel, and when I'm talking about my bench, I'm talking about free weight pause at the bottom etc.

If I use wraps or a shirt, etc I mention that, because that's part of the picture.

I competed a little bit in the past, so maybe that's why I nit pick stuff like that.

But anyway, you don't have to care about any of that. Like I said before you are strong.

Top Bottom