Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Needsize: rotator cuff question

mulva

I read in the 5x5 training thread that you blew your rotator cuff when military pressing with 255. Did you have to have surgery on it? If so, how long until you were able to workout with heavy weights again? If you didn't have surgery, what did you do to heal it?
I tore up my left rotator cuff doing military db presses a few months ago. Now I can't do military presses anymore and other shoulder work is limited. I can still bench but it hurts alot at night and a few days after. I am contemplating going to see an orthopedic surgeon about it. I just don't want to have to take time off from lifting because I'm finally starting to make the progress I'm looking for. Any advice, or does anyone else have any experience with rotator cuff injuries?

i've fucked up both my shoulders, a few years ago. my advice, lay off whatever hurts. it's not something you want to fuck around with. drop the bench. go see the doc and have him sort it out. trust me. they never heal the same. play it safe bro. just my advice.

stay hungry

Not true. You just haven't seeked out the proper treatment.

I went to see a surgeon, and his advice was stop training it for a while. I wasnt into that, so I started going light for a while, and switched from military press to the hammer strength machine instead. I also started doing to rotator cuff exercises more often, which seemed to help. Over time it just started to get better. I was also lucky in the way that it wasnt bugging other exercises that much

Top Bottom