Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need2guard in Canada

so i got my seizure letter, apparently Red rice yeast and lovastatin are schedule F Perscription drugs in canada

No shit?!?!? How incredible they disect the ingredient label like that...Red Rice Yeast is a prescription drug in Canada??? Lovasatin...this doesn't make any sense at all as I know bros who live there snd get their multi-vitamins I mean N2 Guard shipped to them there...something doesn't add up.

They are allowing me to return to sender, so I just have to get ahold of them and needto. When it is resent, I'm going to get them to send some transderm with it. And maybe some other goodies.

I don't know how reliable the source is, but this is what I read
"Red yeast rice contains naturally-occurring substances called monacolins. Monocolins, particularly one called lovastatin, is believed to be converted in the body to a substance that inhibits HMG-CoA reductase, an enzyme that triggers cholesterol production. This is the way the popular statin drugs work.

Because of this action, red yeast rice products containing a higher concentration of monocolins have been developed and marketed as a natural product to lower cholesterol.

The problem is that the primary ingredient in these supplements, lovastatin, is also the active pharmaceutical ingredient in prescription drugs for high cholesterol such as Mevacor. In fact, lovastatin was originally derived from another type of red yeast called Monascus ruber.

When the FDA discovered that red yeast rice contained a substance found in prescription drugs, it banned red yeast rice products containing lovastatin. In August, 2007, the FDA issued a warning that several red yeast rice products still contained lovastatin. The manufacturers of these products have since recalled these products."

Top Bottom