Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need to lose a dress size

cindylou

Fancy
EF VIP
Well, apparently I have gained some weight in the past couple months.

I hadnt noticed because I quit weighing myself when the summer fun came and I just couldnt bear to hate myself and not want to get into a bikini because of some silly number....so I ignored it for a while.

(I know I know!)

Well, I ordered a bridesmaid dress in June , i had it fitted and everything was fine, and I also ordered another in the same size because Im in two weddings, one is 6 weeks from now, the other is 8 weeks from now.

Well, the fucking dress wont fit! It wont even zip up! It fit in June and I thought I'd try it on just to make sure.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I've never had a time frame where I've had to lose weight before, and I've never been so desperate to just lose a "size". I guess the summer booze has caught up with me or something. im not sure WHAT happened.

I need something quick. I guess one dress size is 10 lbs. Crap how did this happen?!?!!?

I could tell by my pics that I was getting kinda chunky but crap. A whole dress size! I will die if I have to have it taken out. Both dresses!!!!

Okay I'm really just venting here. Thx.

I will never NOT weight myself ever again. When you wear sundresses all summer or tie bikinis, sometimes you cant tell with just clothing.

I know what to do, I just dont think I have enough time to do it. Sob!!!!! what am I going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cindylou said:
Well, apparently I have gained some weight in the past couple months.

I hadnt noticed because I quit weighing myself when the summer fun came and I just couldnt bear to hate myself and not want to get into a bikini because of some silly number....so I ignored it for a while.

(I know I know!)

Well, I ordered a bridesmaid dress in June , i had it fitted and everything was fine, and I also ordered another in the same size because Im in two weddings, one is 6 weeks from now, the other is 8 weeks from now.

Well, the fucking dress wont fit! It wont even zip up! It fit in June and I thought I'd try it on just to make sure.....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I feel for you!! I know some prople believe in the scale and others don't. I'm on who CANOT live without a scale. I need to know where I am so I can adjust accordingly and early, not when I've gained too much. Anyway, when is/are the wedding /s? 10lbs is a lot of weight to lose in a short time.

I've never had a time frame where I've had to lose weight before, and I've never been so desperate to just lose a "size". I guess the summer booze has caught up with me or something. im not sure WHAT happened.

I need something quick. I guess one dress size is 10 lbs. Crap how did this happen?!?!!?

I could tell by my pics that I was getting kinda chunky but crap. A whole dress size! I will die if I have to have it taken out. Both dresses!!!!

Okay I'm really just venting here. Thx.

I will never NOT weight myself ever again. When you wear sundresses all summer or tie bikinis, sometimes you cant tell with just clothing.

I know what to do, I just dont think I have enough time to do it. Sob!!!!! what am I going to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel you! Some people don't believe on the scale and others do. I'm one who CANOT live without a scale. I need to know where I am in order to adjust accordingly, or by the time I realize I gained 10 lbs or more is too late.

10 lbs in 6 weeks? That's too much weight to lose in such a short time. I can only tell you how to lose the water in a short time, but is not going to be near 10 lbs. Maybe 2 or 3.
Well! in case you do, first of all stop drinking alcohol. That alone will blow you up like a ballon. 2nd, drink 1 gallon of water a day. This is tough to do if you're not used doing, but drinking that much water is a natural dieretic. I don't believe in taking pills, which will de-hydrate you. And perhaps this is a good time to start getting back into shape. If you want help there, we can help and I can post a few things..

Last edited:
You can lose 2 lbs a week, but it is very difficult and a bit harsh when you are not massively overweight.

As much as I am not fond of recommending low carb/keto diets, this is the one situation that would work for rapid fat/weight loss.

Are you currently doing any training or sports of any sort?

thandie said:
I feel you! Some people don't believe on the scale and others do. I'm one who CANOT live without a scale. I need to know where I am in order to adjust accordingly, or by the time I realize I gained 10 lbs or more is too late.

10 lbs in 6 weeks? That's too much weight to lose in such a short time. I can only tell you how to lose the water in a short time, but is not going to be near 10 lbs. Maybe 2 or 3.
Well! in case you do, first of all stop drinking alcohol. That alone will blow you up like a ballon. 2nd, drink 1 gallon of water a day. This is tough to do if you're not used doing, but drinking that much water is a natural dieretic. I don't believe in taking pills, which will de-hydrate you. And perhaps this is a good time to start getting back into shape. If you want help there, we can help and I can post a few things..

Thanks for the help!

I never quit working out I just laxed on the diet a bit and started drinking more and quit weighing myself. I was kinda lazy with the workouts though, lol sometimes skipping some stuff..........but I digress...........

I will weigh myself tomorrow, I'm so scared! I'm hoping its water. How much weight can you gain in two months??

I also wanted to try to start having kids in October so whatever weight I did put on needs to come off before I get preggo!

Okay I am hoping that at least some of this is water since when i tried the dresses on I was coming off of a 3 week vacation.

I have been doing my am cardio in a sauna suit and trying to drink a gallon of water. I normally drink about 3/4 gallon on most days........

I cant cut out the alcohol completely for the next 8 wks because of the bachlorette parties!!! but besides that, yes I will cut back or out completely.

Tatyana said:
You can lose 2 lbs a week, but it is very difficult and a bit harsh when you are not massively overweight.

As much as I am not fond of recommending low carb/keto diets, this is the one situation that would work for rapid fat/weight loss.

Are you currently doing any training or sports of any sort?

I jog in the am - sometimes on my lunch break

and I'm sporatic with my training right now but usually its 3x a week or so

no organized sports or anything of that nature right now

i wish i could jog or bike to work and back but its not safe

how would I go about low carb? High fat? Lower fat?

It would only be temporary so it wouldnt be too unhealthy right?

If i could somehow lose 2 lb per week that would be perfect and get me fitting in the dress. At least close enough to get it zipped and some diuretics or lots of water and maybe some spanx could get me in it at least

Can you take a spinning class early in the morning and then do weights in the afternoon?
Spinning is awesome if you want to shed a few lbs.
I hate the scale myself, i don't know how much I weigh. I go by the mirror and the clothing size.

princesa said:
Can you take a spinning class early in the morning and then do weights in the afternoon?
Spinning is awesome if you want to shed a few lbs.
I hate the scale myself, i don't know how much I weigh. I go by the mirror and the clothing size.

spinning classes dont start at my gym until i need to be on my way back home getting ready for work.

I have a tredmill and an elliptical at home so i usually just stay home for my morning cardio or jog in the neighborhood sometimes.

I am going to weigh myself every day from now on. It seems to be the best thing for me, I've never gained more than a couple lbs at a time before just because of that.

I'm dreading at thinking how long it will take to get this off because I've never had such a feat before.

I'm kinda depressed. lol

cindylou said:
spinning classes dont start at my gym until i need to be on my way back home getting ready for work.

I have a tredmill and an elliptical at home so i usually just stay home for my morning cardio or jog in the neighborhood sometimes.

I am going to weigh myself every day from now on. It seems to be the best thing for me, I've never gained more than a couple lbs at a time before just because of that.

I'm dreading at thinking how long it will take to get this off because I've never had such a feat before.

I'm kinda depressed. lol

No need to be depressed!! This is a good time to get to work, however. As far as protein/carbs/fat. Don't eat too much fat; protein is good for your muscles, but too musch is not good and carbs as we know, it gives you energy, but also too much will make you spill and retain bf.
Do you know what your daily protein is? How much of each?

right now about 90g of protein a day

but its probably more than that because i always pretend i dont see that extra oz or two on my food scale at home for dinner. it can go between 90-120 oz
a day

granted i've barely kept track of anything since the beginning of June.

just this week I started tracking again. and weighing again. starting tomorrow.

but i HAVE to get into this dress. It cant NOT fit. It has to fit. Thats my priority right now, and as soon as the weddings are over, I will work on getting the last lbs off before my pregnancy of whatever is left after that. If I can get pregnant as easy as I'm hoping.........

I'm also going to try the dress on again, and pray that its just water

i doubt it though. maybe some, but not all of that can be water.

if i see a certain number on the scale I'm going to FREAK! And I'm not one to freak over numbers , or even fattiness usually because I'm pretty patient and it always comes off eventually.

never done well with deadlines. They make me unhappy. :( I like going at my own pase. no pressure.

you girls are the queens of deadlines.

cindylou said:
right now about 90g of protein a day

but its probably more than that because i always pretend i dont see that extra oz or two on my food scale at home for dinner. it can go between 90-120 oz
a day

granted i've barely kept track of anything since the beginning of June.

just this week I started tracking again. and weighing again. starting tomorrow.

but i HAVE to get into this dress. It cant NOT fit. It has to fit. Thats my priority right now, and as soon as the weddings are over, I will work on getting the last lbs off before my pregnancy of whatever is left after that. If I can get pregnant as easy as I'm hoping.........

I'm also going to try the dress on again, and pray that its just water

i doubt it though. maybe some, but not all of that can be water.

if i see a certain number on the scale I'm going to FREAK! And I'm not one to freak over numbers , or even fattiness usually because I'm pretty patient and it always comes off eventually.

never done well with deadlines. They make me unhappy. :( I like going at my own pase. no pressure.

you girls are the queens of deadlines.

Don't panic! all you need to do is get to work and it will come off.
120 protein is good, but don't go lower then 100g. Keep your carbs at 100-75g and fat at 25g. Drink lots of water, do cardio, keep alcohol to a minimum.
If you can do weights as well will help you get rid of the weight even faster because even after you stop training, you're still burning calories.

Top Bottom