Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some help with traps

InTraining

Just looking for a little help for how I can improve them...they have always lacked to some extent...here are the 3 exercises I am really going to focus on..

Rack Deads-seen some improvement from these already
Upright Rows-closer grip ,elbows high, pull to upper chest
Dumbell Shrugs-holding contraction at the top for a couple seconds, high reps 12-15 per set

This look like a good plan to bring them up?

InTraining said:
Just looking for a little help for how I can improve them...they have always lacked to some extent...here are the 3 exercises I am really going to focus on..

Rack Deads-seen some improvement from these already
Upright Rows-closer grip ,elbows high, pull to upper chest
Dumbell Shrugs-holding contraction at the top for a couple seconds, high reps 12-15 per set

This look like a good plan to bring them up?

looks like a good plan, how many other trap exercises are there really? haha

Upright rows are good, I usually bring em up to my chin. Too close of a grip is awkward on my wrists though.

Do you use straps when you do rack deads?

Looks like a solid exercise selection. How many sets are you planning on doing? For my traps, Id focus on barbell shrugs to the front and back as well as dumbell shrugs. My traps dont need much help these days though, they seem to grow with time. Deadlifting definately doesnt hurt! Keep KILLING that shit!

UA_Iron said:
looks like a good plan, how many other trap exercises are there really? haha

Upright rows are good, I usually bring em up to my chin. Too close of a grip is awkward on my wrists though.

Do you use straps when you do rack deads?

I am using the straps on rack deads and these are great for the traps IMHO ;)

Upright Rows I like to do nice and slow and controlled grip about index on the smooth...

WalkingBeast said:
Looks like a solid exercise selection. How many sets are you planning on doing? For my traps, Id focus on barbell shrugs to the front and back as well as dumbell shrugs. My traps dont need much help these days though, they seem to grow with time. Deadlifting definately doesnt hurt! Keep KILLING that shit!

Thanks Beast!! Probably 4 sets of the rack deadlifts 3 sets of the upright rows when I work shoulders and 2-3 sets of DB shrugs after the rack deads:)

deads are great.. i also prefer bb shrugs..just make sure youve got good form..you see alot of people load the bar and their shoulder roll forward..personally i dont like the 12-15 rep range i prefer 5-8..but if its working for you than keep it that way..also maybe try some static holds with a heavy weight good for your grip and traps.essentially your standing in the lockout position of a deadlift..10 -20 seconds will feel like an eternity!!!!!!

deads, shrugs, and upright rows.

for shrugs:

3-4 sets of wide-grip barbell shrugs (all sets of 10)
2 sets of close-grip shrugs following the wide-grip (sets of 15)

or

2 sets of close-grip to start (sets of 15)
3 sets of dbs to follow (all sets of 10)

uprights right before starting shrugs

Top Bottom