Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need some bootcamp advice.....

thad.castle

So here's the deal. I volunteered for a new position at work which requires a 12 week academy in order to be certified. I had heard that this academy was no cake walk but I figured I'd still be able to hit the gym like a boss no prob. Been hitting it hard for over 8 years now and am at 6'2" 263 around 14-15% bf.

This academy is much more difficult than I thought. Its M-F with tons of running/sprinting/jumping on top of at least a 1-3 mile run every day. I'm eating like a horse basically eating everything I can. At the end of the day I'm usually too exhausted to hit the gym. Usually 2 or 3 nights a week is all I can manage right now.

I'm just looking for some opinions on workouts and splits for someone who may have been in a somewhat similar situation and maybe a little reassurance that I won't turn into a skinny f*ck since I can't lift crazy hard for a few weeks.

First off 14-15% is fat for what you seem to be doing. Go with it skinny down, you will look better. Just do basic compound lifts to try and not lose muscle but really there is only so much you can do. Look up any thread on military basic training, you will see the answer over and over. It's different training and in the big scheme of things will do you some good.

Im not a fan of the bootcamp style workouts. ..catabolic city...once a week is ok but any more than that and you are wasting away. Try to avoid the sides by smart nutrition...carbs before and after, protein before and after.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using EliteFitness

Top Bottom