Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need opinions on lifting

Guice

How much much training do u guys think is too much??

I'm currently lifting for chest, back and shoulders 5 excersizes 4 sets each. With 1 warm up set at the very beginning and 2 burner sets at the very end. The 5 excersizes are heavy weight 6-8 reps each set. The warm up is 1 set at 60% of the heavy weight and the burner sets are 10 reps at half the heavy weight, drop 10lbs then another 10 reps, drop another 10 lbs then a final set of 10 (2 sets of 30 reps dropping 10lbs after each 10 reps).

With my arms it's pretty much the same but 4 excersizes for both tri's and bi's, and my legs is too except 6 excersizes (2 quads, 2 hams and 2 calfs).

I've been told to maybe drop the chest, back and shoulder workouts to just 4 excersizes each and the arm ones to just 3 to avoid over working muscles. What do u guys think?

No all different days, I'm at the gym 6 days a week which sounds like a lot but it's one muscle a day, alternating between the bigger n smaller muscles so it's never the same muscle really bein worked back to back. It looks like this:

Monday-Chest
Tuesday-Biceps
Wednesday-Shoulders
Thursday-Legs
Friday-Triceps
Saturday-Back

Does it work for you? Still making gains in size or Strength, weight progression? If so don't change a thing.

^^What he said.^^

The only thing I've found with devoting an entire day to bis or tris, is the fact that because my back and chest day are heavy and solid, I don't need as much isolation. I've been finding my arms getting bigger without really specifically shredding them. With all the pushes and pulls through the week, they get their time in. Just a thought in my own life.

I feel that training 6 days a week isolating a different muscle a day works fine for me, my concern is how much I'm doin for each muscle each day. I don't feel worn out or exhausted but eventually I have hit a plateau. But I noticed starting lighter on my first set n progressing in weight up through my fourth rather than maintaining weight through all four has helped to increase in weight every week.

Small muscle groups like biceps and triceps don't take much to train, and are very easy to overtrain. I would do more of a push pull routine and put your triceps work on chest day with your bi's on back day

So how about 4 excersizes for back n chest, with 3 for tri's n bi's?

If you plattued change it up a bit. Different exercises for different rep ranges for a few weeks then go back and see if you progress. A lil rotation is good from time to time. Make sure you're getting plenty of rest and food.

Last edited:
Top Bottom