Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need Ideas for Next 3 Wks WSB

2Shy

I need to change up my WSB routine beginning next week, so am open to suggestions for new main and secondary moves.

Currently, Dead/Squat days have been

Box Squat (12") Main Move
Arched Back GMs (2nd Main Move)

Bench days:

Regular bench press (main)
Close Grip bench (2nd main)

I just got my boards so can move to a board press for bench days. My sticking point seems to be in the middle. I'm guessing that should be a 3 or 4 board press?

I like doing close grips for tricep work, but can switch to something else. Maybe inclines?

I guess I'm mainly undecided over my squat/dead days. I've read that people seldom do full ROM deads as main moves. Could I do low rack pulls?

Not sure if I'm up to front squats yet, but am willing to try. I already get enough strange looks in the gym, so more wont' matter. :)

Should I stick with GMs for a secondary move or something else? I figure my accessory work can pretty much stay the same. I might see if I can incorporate some of the ideas for non-GHR machine GHR.

Anyway, any ideas?

Here's some ideas:

Squat/Dead Day:
1. Wide Stance 40" GM
2. Low Box Squat
3. Rack Pulls (knee level)
4. 36" GM
5. High Box Squat
6. Rack Pulls (shin level)

Bench Day:
1. 2 Board
2. Floor Press
3. 3 Board
4. Rack Lockouts
5. 4 Board
6. Close grip Floor Press

If you have bands, I would recommend reverse band D/L

Thanks, Mike. No bands yet. Walk me through this. 36" and 40" GMs are the height you start the GM at? I've done chain suspended GMs at someone else's gym before.

I will probably do some sort of rack pull because I love deadlifting and have missed it.

2Shy said:
Thanks, Mike. No bands yet. Walk me through this. 36" and 40" GMs are the height you start the GM at? I've done chain suspended GMs at someone else's gym before.

I will probably do some sort of rack pull because I love deadlifting and have missed it.

That's distance from the ground to the bar. You can use chains or set up the pins in a power rack. I prefer the chains.

Good luck! I love the constant variety and flexibility.

Okay, I know what you're talking about now, Mike. Done those. Those are good. Phatman, haven't done seated GMs. Might give them a try.

I am the ONLY person in my gym who does GMs. You can imagine how many people come up and tell me I'm squatting wrong when I do one. :D

Karma to you both for your suggestions.

Top Bottom