Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need help with some motivation!!!!

Give yourself a date.. make it a point to reach a specific goal by that date... to keep myself motivated I set a goal. I jumped from BB to PL'ing and now Im back to BB'ing. In order to movtivate myself, I have commited myself to comptete in July. Shadow has been a tremendous help with my Diet and Training... I feel obligated to myself and to all those around me that are helping me to keep this goal.

Be it a strenght goal.. or a bf% goal.. at least you'll have something to shoot for.. and then set another goal after that. Just make sure the goal is attainable.

I can remember when I first started training for PL'ing which was in November of '03 My coach set me up with a comp for Feb of '04... Not much time to train.. but I had something to train hard for. Gave me motivation.. I had set goals on each lift (attainable goals) and on the day of the comp blew them away. Ahhh that feeling of accomplisment is amazing ;)

Dakotah said:
ok i wasnt trying to be whatever when i said the nude pics are there i was merely stating that all i have at this time with me as im at work.
my apologies.

Well I guess I cant really put into words what I want but thanks for all the replies - this one i will have to figure out for myself.

If this helps -- I've been training, specifically in a gym w/ weights & machines since I was 16. I had never really pulled together the diet part of it before until I did a competition. I'm not saying you need to do a competition, but it took a scheduled, planned & monitored effort for me to achieve that goal. It is especially hard when u can't give it your all for a few weeks & then see some results. For me, I seriously have to go in all the way & look at every day as forcing myself to get in & do my scheduled AM cardio, get my sleep, not drink, set the diet, etc. and then patiently watch the results. The first part I did was to watch those immediate effects, such as how hungry was I, when did my "stomach alarm" go off, did I have energy to go to the gym, how did I sleep, etc. I also put together a structured training plan & wrote it all down so I could see how my form & my weights improved - did I feel sore after the training, did I "feel" the results. This keeps your mind focused on those specific things instead of looking for sweeping changes in the size of my ass, etc. Then, when I least expected it, I did actually see those changes. Once that started I was more confident in the process & looked forward to seeing the results.

It has taken me 2 yrs of upheavel to get my mind & my life in a place where I can successfully train again & I'm seeing the results. Here's how screwy the last 2 yrs of my life have been - I've made it thru 3 college degrees, moves to 4 different cities (1500 miles away from my whole family & everyone I know) and a lot of relationship crap ALWAYS being able to walk into a gym & get myself grounded again. This didn't work anymore and I spent a lot of time sitting around at home (worked from home) and managed to develop some hefty lower back problems. This whole posting of pictures, meals, etc. is really getting me back in the "zone" to make some progress.

I don't know if this is the level of focus you are looking for, but that's about all that works for me.

great info and advice thanks sassy shadow and miss24k.
Honestly I am really in confusion of a bzillion things at this point in time because there is just nothing holding my attention im unsure if its because ever since i can remember I havent set a deep goal and achieved it or im just at this point in life where I dont care anymore. My attitude right now is poor and I am unsure who I am working out for myself or others. This is really upsetting because I enjoy going to the gym and seeing I can blow away in the deadlift area or if I push 110lbs on the bench but then i get home and see a neatly trimmed tummy and abs and friskys legs and im instantly back to bummersville i used to have all of those things and now its like It is hidden. Right now I am hitting depressionville because i cant fit into jeans and yet i on the other hand realize sometimes i just want to be happy with who i am and not care what others think.
I apologize if i am sapping the thread but really i have no idea where to start end or anything. Devastation has aot of goals and sets them and tries to make them but he also tries to motivate me and it just seems to tick me off or aggravate me. I am just overwhelmed and confused. I am 23 you would think i had some sort of idea what I want but honestly nothing is making its notch.

Dakotah - Ok - here is my opinion.

You have the frame to have a KILLER fitness body........you are VERY close to that already...THAT is what I work towards if I were you......

More is lost to INDECISION than the WRONG decision

Dakotah said:
I am just overwhelmed and confused. I am 23 you would think i had some sort of idea what I want but honestly nothing is making its notch.

Been there, done that & still trying.... (and i'm, well not quite 2x your age...). Especially if you are a goal-oriented person, the floundering around is even worse than being under tight pressure to complete a near impossible goal. Stress just ages you.

Anything different at teh gym you can try? My comparison is that I have been an avid (i.e. get wet at least 2x/week) scuba diver for nearly 8 yrs. I just moved north of FL and am now landlocked. Holy crap, what am I supposed to do w/ myself now?? No lobster to catch. No fish to identify. No reefs to clean up. No post dive BBQs & Beer and I can't repeat alot of my raunchy jokes to anyone here w/o getting a strange look. Well I just can't repeat them. Additionally I can't do half the things I used to love to do in the gym. So WTF man?

So I'm taking cardio / dance classes. A lot of them. Why? They are fun & the people doing them look like they are having a blast. Long term reason - hey if I do a comp I still have to choreograph the posing routine & past experience tells me I dont' have what you would call "great stage presence".

Can you find any "continuing education" or community education classes for nutrition or something like that? Stuff that keeps in the area of fitness but doesn't bring you back to the same ol' gym discussions.

thanks for the help everyone - i am sort of narrowing things down now tho. I really like feeling sexxy and fit and lean I also cant help but want to be over with the guys when the are maxing out doing powerlifting so im leaning more towards leaning down a bit working towards a 145 bodyweight and do a powerlifting meet or two. My mind and heart are leaning towards making that my goal and then if I am not happy with that then to shift and work towards another goal. Its amazing what a lil workout can do.

What is your take on that does it seem like a good direction - nothing has to be set in stone just set as a stepping stone right?

Baby steps!

And just monitor yourself & see if you are happy w/ what you are doing. I mean just plain ol' does it make you happy?

I've been told by so many people to not lift heavy any more, do more cardio, etc. I added the cardio classes so I don't have to hate eveyr minute of the monotonous elliptical machine & eventually stop doing it. I've got a new routine & tight on the diet cuz summer's a coming. And I'm seeing the differences, even if I dont' do a competition, I'll have the body to say, "yea i thought about it, but maybe next year :)"
And you know, even my boss asked me today why I was so happy. I'm like uh, i dunno, too much coffee maybe? But at least my shitass attitude is taking a turn. And when you get that far, the rest just falls into place !

Thanks Sassy your posts are turning into more help than I expected! Sorry if I worded that rudely its been a long day and i suck when it comes to wording things - my goal is right now to just take the baby steps like you said and start the log like advised and see if I can maybe help myself to stay focused and motivated. I dont know what to expect in the future except that I in turn change my attitude let go of some bs inside and maybe gain some different perspective about what I want for long term and just being happy in whole. Aot of my problem is just taking deep breaths and not realizing things take patience and all I have in me if I really want to get anywhere.
I have been doing some life changes lately and was becoming frustrated with life in general - making excuses for one thing and then for the next - It will be a lil while before I see what I can really do but hey im ready for some real changes.

Thanks again everyone for the help and replies I look forward to working with all of you.

Wow I feel like I follow both of you on this one! Dakotah I have felt the same way as far as what do I want to do? I ran marathons but I already accomplished that. So what is another goal I can aim for? Well weight training/competition. Then I start figuring out o.k. how do I achieve this goal? First off get my butt back int othe gym-Done, Secondly-start reading (doing this), Thirdly- Find a great website with support and people that know what they are talking about (EF), Fourthly - figure out a diet/exercise program (Doing this), Fifthly how much time am I willing to devote to this task?, Lastly go and watch some competition shows. Now is where the tougher questions come in... What type of competition should I do? Which exact competition should I do? Timeframe to get my body into this killer machine that I need to compete with? I'm sure a bunch of other questions I still haven't even thought of.
Long-term goal will be fitness modeling.
As far as Sassy I can agree with you on the attitude and moving around a LOT! This is the first time in 6 years I have been in one location longer then 6 months. I have moved all over the U.S. by myself, have been through relationship issues, and the whole bad attitude thing about life. Now my head is on straight, I'm thinking clearer, and I could careless about what everyone else thinks of me. It's your own life you have to own it. I'm my own critic and think now that I have posted pictures people with more experience can help me where I'm lagging, and give me the support and additional motivation to achieve these goals I have listed above.
I am here to motivate whoever needs it. If you don't feel like working out I can give you a billion reasons why you should. For every ten reasons I can give, I bet you I will only recieve one back. If you need a Vent thread create one, and we will all listen. Believe me I created a 'Bored' Thread and people talked to me :)

Top Bottom