Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

need help with back routine

stevexpress

EF VIP
fellas i need help developing my back can you give me some pointers, for some reason i just don't get a good work out our pump. please give me some pointers or routines for back development.

Would you mind laying out your current routine? That would help to see what things could be changed or maybe improved upon..

i've been doing the 5x5 routine latley and i like it here's how i've been laying it out
seated rows 180 5 x 5
wide grip pulldowns front 180 3x10
one-arm db row 60 3x10

i switch it up every week diong a different 5x5 so it switches, also i do assisted pull-ups sometimes because am a weak f*#k and can't do regular ones yet.

must include deads, i recommend barbell pullovers to finish it off, they work wonders. and of course rowing and lat pulldowns of some sort.

5x5 needs to be a compound move..the top 3 back exrcises
deads
chins
BB rows
if you make either one of these a 5x5 you will see a definite improvement..you cant switch every week you need to keep the same 5x5 so that you can make progress with regard to weight..

I'd say BB rows for your 5x5 like beast said. You've got to do a compound movement and I think using a cable machine for your primary movenment is a mistake. I'd follow that up with your seated rows or pulldowns (since you can't do chins) and pullovers.

i cannot express how amazing barbell pullovers with a shoulder width grip are for your back, they stretch it out real nice, i get sore from them, and i used to never get sore

Top Bottom