Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help with a DVD player....

T

The Shadow

...friend bought a DVD from a pawn shop(I know).

OLD ass tv - coaxial cable with no audio/video inputs or outputs.....shouldnt you be able to patch the dvd player into the vcr for it to work using audio/video inputs/outputs between the dvd and the vcr??

Couldnt get it to work - makes me wonder if the dvd player is busted....get no picyure or sound.

dude you don't have much luck with technology do you.
ok....hypothetically you run your rca cables(red/yellow) from the
dvd player into the vcr inputs!And from there your assed out cause you need rca's for the t.v. too.

sermon_of_mockery said:
dude you don't have much luck with technology do you.
ok....hypothetically you run your rca cables(red/yellow) from the
dvd player into the vcr inputs!And from there your assed out cause you need rca's for the t.v. too.

There are no rcas on the tv/vcr combo now.....

Well....I have a digital surround sound that has each component plugged into a receiver.....

So are you saying that he cant use a dvd player with that old tv set??

Why cant you run audio/vide in and out intop the vcr - turn on the vcr and watch the dvd movie thru the vcr?

oh I did'nt realize you had a combo,I thought they were seperated.Ok new plan.
RCA's out from dvd, into inputs of vcr/combo delux:rolleyes:
turn the t.v. on channel 3,(if there is a tv/vcr button on the t.v.,or remote,fuck with that.)Should be good to go.What are you trying to watch?

sermon_of_mockery said:
oh I did'nt realize you had a combo,I thought they were seperated.Ok new plan.
RCA's out from dvd, into inputs of vcr/combo delux:rolleyes:
turn the t.v. on channel 3,(if there is a tv/vcr button on the t.v.,or remote,fuck with that.)Should be good to go.What are you trying to watch?

...they arent a one piece unit...the vcr and tv are connected via a coaxial cable.....BUT,,,the same logic should apply but it doesnt. I had the audio/video OUTS intot he vcr INPUTS...channel 3 -no picyure or sound

well i;d guess that if you were to have RCA leads leading into the VCR that when plugged in you could watch DVD thru the VCR channel

if not, maybe look for a 'RF becoming RCA' lead? dont see why it wouldnt exist

see....I think the setup will work - I think the dvd is busted.

When running a DVD player through a VCR, macrovision copy protection will kick in, causing the picture to fade in and out, sometimes with lines across of it. I've never heard of it not putting through any picture though.

Top Bottom