Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need help bros - dl's!

BOOEY

Banned
I can't do Deadlifts on back day anymore. When I do them first, my upper back routine suffers. When I do them last, I'm usually too wiped to make a strong effort. SO here's my weekly schedule, where can I fit them in?:

1-Back, Abs
2-Chest
3-Off
4-Shoulders, Abs
5-Bis Tris
6-Legs
7-Off

What do you think about doing them right after squats? Too much? I'm not sure if I want to devote an entire day to DL's ... maybe as a last resort. Thanks bros!

Think about splitin your back into two workouts one for thickness and one for width.
1-Back width, Abs
2-Chest
3-Off
4-Shoulders back thickness (deads), Abs
5-Bis Tris
6-Legs
7-Off

I would alternate deads and squats do one one week then the other the next in that program.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Scotsman said:
I would alternate deads and squats do one one week then the other the next in that program.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Probably will give this a whirl .. heavy squats w/ light deads one week, light squats w/ heavy deads the next. Thanks bro

Scotsman said:

Cheers,
Scotsman

i would go with what the Scotsman said...squats and deads works the same muscles. i would alternate them every week or so. or do deads every 3 work outs (2 weeks with squats, then deads one week.)

When I was doing deadlifts Id often mix them into my upper back routine to help solve that problem somewhat. For example Id hit 7 sets of upper back work first, then go into deadlifts. Then after deadlifts were complete Id do the last 8 or so sets of upper back work. The first sets would usually be T-bar rows, Lat pulldowns, with some chin-ups mixed in too. But chins are mixed in throughout the entire routine, as are dumbell rows, between sets of deadlifts. I wont be deadlifting consistently or much for a while though, so youll have to back track in my journal to see the old routines, or I can just post an example up. Hope that helps

Top Bottom