Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Need a training partner!

powerlord

Just doesn't seem to be anyone around here thats as serious as I wanna get about training,they come and they go,if you live in my area give me a shout,I'm in the Oklahoma territory. :)

i love it when my buddy comes over to my house to train. i get a way more intense workout.

I train for BBing,I try to go as heavy as I can while I'm bulking,I've had 3 training partners in the last two months.Gets old asking for spots all the time.

look for one that trains like you do, or isn't going to push you to train like him (or her!).
my current training partner works out much differently than me. i'm sure we're funny to watch, cause he's trying to get me to do a gazillion reps and i'm giving him the finger. he's a personal trainer and quite muscular, but i'm still teaching him how to deadlift or squat without that stupid pad on the bar.

Sugarplum said:
look for one that trains like you do, or isn't going to push you to train like him (or her!).
my current training partner works out much differently than me. i'm sure we're funny to watch, cause he's trying to get me to do a gazillion reps and i'm giving him the finger. he's a personal trainer and quite muscular, but i'm still teaching him how to deadlift or squat without that stupid pad on the bar.
when i go into the gym for squats sometimes someone always leaves that damn pad on the bar i take it off and literally fling it across the gym..im thinking of tossing it in the garbage..i see people using the pad with 135 on the bar..i mean come on!!! :p

wnt2bBeast said:
when i go into the gym for squats sometimes someone always leaves that damn pad on the bar i take it off and literally fling it across the gym..im thinking of tossing it in the garbage..i see people using the pad with 135 on the bar..i mean come on!!! :p

LOL.. i hear ya.
the last time i worked out with my training partner (a bodybuilder :rolleyes: ), he put the pad on the bar for me (after i made fun of him for originally wanting to squat in the smith machine) and i laughed and said "get that sissy thing off of there!"
he looked sooo annoyed, but took it off, but then put it back on for him.
he's a personal trainer, so even though he feels he knows everything, i stopped him and showed him where to put the bar so he didn't need that stupid thing.
I thought he was gonna hit me. lol.

Sugarplum said:
LOL.. i hear ya.
the last time i worked out with my training partner (a bodybuilder :rolleyes: ), he put the pad on the bar for me (after i made fun of him for originally wanting to squat in the smith machine) and i laughed and said "get that sissy thing off of there!"
he looked sooo annoyed, but took it off, but then put it back on for him.
he's a personal trainer, so even though he feels he knows everything, i stopped him and showed him where to put the bar so he didn't need that stupid thing.
I thought he was gonna hit me. lol.

sounds all to typical of "personal trainers"
i have thrown that stupid pad and those hanging straps in the trash more than once, some one seems to keep digging them out

hahaha!! that sissy pad is funny. i tried to use it last week after i was getting past 135 on squat (my first week doing real squats) and i couldnt use the damn thing!! my shoulders were a bit sore, but im already used to the bar and where it sits and 160 didnt even phase me in the least bit. score one for the little guy. when i tried the pad it kept trying to roll off my back. how the hell do you keep it on your shoulders with the neck in the way?

JohnRobHolmes said:
hahaha!! that sissy pad is funny. i tried to use it last week after i was getting past 135 on squat (my first week doing real squats) and i couldnt use the damn thing!! my shoulders were a bit sore, but im already used to the bar and where it sits and 160 didnt even phase me in the least bit. score one for the little guy. when i tried the pad it kept trying to roll off my back. how the hell do you keep it on your shoulders with the neck in the way?

you don't. you throw it away and learn the right place to put the bar, which is usually lower than most people think.
good luck with your squats. keep it up.

Top Bottom