Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My Training Log

cangal

I wasn’t going to start this until the New Year, but now that we have a little Journal action going on I figured I may as well jump in J

To give you a bit of background regarding my goal - I am not trying to lose weight. This time last year I weighed around 130lbs and 20% BF, by the end of July I was 152lbs and around 16% BF. I was happy with that but still looking for a bit more muscle! Anyhow, fast forward to a bunch of life changes (moving across the Country and finding a new gym etc) I am only about 3-4 weeks back into the gym. When I started back I was 143lbs and around 22% BF. I probably won’t mention weight or BF again until the New Year, as I love the Holidays and I know I will be indulging as much as possible! In the New Year I will post my diet and training, but for now it will just be my training.

Current stats are:
Age - 31
Height – 5’7.5”
Weight – Around 145lbs
BF - ~22%

My training split is going to look something like this:
Sunday – Quads
Monday – Off
Tuesday – Chest
Wednesday – Hams & Calves
Thursday – Off
Friday – Back
Saturday – Shoulders
Arms will be thrown into Chest, Back, or Shoulder day

I should also mention that this is not set in stone. This week we had Christmas stuff to attend to and it messed up my schedule a bit. So I will be training arms and back tonight and legs and shoulders together on Sunday (not my first choice to train these together, but I have to get them in)

Good luck to you girl. Be sure to let me/us know how my shoulder workout works for ya :)

Btw, why the two off days? Why not do arms on their own day? The shoulder workout I gave you, it doesn't seem like a lot, but when I did it, I couldn't even lift my water bottle to drink by the time I was done. So I wouldn't add them to that day.

Good luck to you girl. Be sure to let me/us know how my shoulder workout works for ya :)

Btw, why the two off days? Why not do arms on their own day? The shoulder workout I gave you, it doesn't seem like a lot, but when I did it, I couldn't even lift my water bottle to drink by the time I was done. So I wouldn't add them to that day.

Thanks! I'll be sure to let you know. I can't wait to try it :). It does seem like a lot, so thank you for the suggestion. I think that I will train arms on Thursday.

Yeah, that'll be good, you'll give your upper body a days rest after chest day. That will work fine

Lookin forward to it, girl. Again, good luck to you

Saturday Dec 15th - Back and Biceps

Lat Pulldowns
50lbs x 20
70lbs x 15 (5 x 5 sec hold)
90lbs x 10, 70 x 5
70lbs x 15 (5 x 5 sec hold)

Seated Row /SS/ Standing Pulldown
50 x 20 / 40 x 12
65 x 15 / 40 x 12
65 x 11, 50 x 6 / 40 x 12

DB Row
30 x 15
40 x 12
40 x 12

Machine Row
70 x 15 x 3 sets

Cable Curls
50 x 12
60 x 11
60 x 9

DB Curls
20 x 15, drop 17.25 x 10, drop 15 x 12
3sets

Machine Preachers
30 x 12-15
3 sets

I didn't do any deadlifts tonight since I'm training legs tomorrow. Kind of screwed up the schedule this week, but should be on track for next :)

Yeah, that'll be good, you'll give your upper body a days rest after chest day. That will work fine

Lookin forward to it, girl. Again, good luck to you

Perfect :). I'll need all of your help on trying to grow. I'm hoping this split will support that :)

All about diet and especially timing your carbs right.

In my experience, I grow more on a Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday type split. Giving myself 3 rest days is what worked for me, did that with the GVT

Example: right now I'm focusing on NOT growing so I work one muscle group per day and have one MAYBE two rest days.

Top Bottom