Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My training journal

InTraining

Just getting back from wisdom teeth removal here was today's workout

Damn nice workout today!! I can eat again kind of so should be 100% in a few days....saw a guy who hasn't seen me in awhile cuz he was at boot camp and he was amazed with how much bigger i'd gotten and some other dude was like "you are getting too big "and made a comment about my lats and not being able to keep my arms against my body... LMFAO probably down 5 pounds too but mostly blubber and water methinks..so hanging around 205-210

Kind of took a page out of Bodybyfinaplex's methods with the drop sets and such...

Pullups
30 reps, took me like 4-5 sets but kept rest times nice and short

Rack deads-the worst power rack in history(like 5 pin settings) combined with my short body made me use a block under my feet..haven't done a dead\rack dead in forever so these were fun

315x10
365x4
335x8-great thing about these is that you KNOW your next rep will be crap so you can just stop the set, not like regular deads where you can always squeeze a few more out

Wide Grip pulldowns
think I did 170 for 10 reps nice and slow and controlled

Cybex Pullovers drop set 15-14

Cable Rows drop set 200-190-180 went for perfect form

Cable Curls-I know this is a Big Pumper exercise but with my nerve problem these didnt' cause additonal pain
130 for 2 sets

Pinwheel curls drop set 50's-45's

Looks good, and yes if you keep the rest times short, do drop sets and supersets with heavy weights you will leave a puddle of sweat behind you as you train as mentioned in the other thread.

Grip Workout just now

Captain of Crush Grippers
Warm up with trainer
Closes
Right Hand:6 full closes with #1 and a few parallel closes
Left Hand:6 parallel closes with #1

Wrist Roller with 10lb plate
5 times up and down

Timed Hold with trainer

Last edited:
WalkingBeast said:
Good shit brother!! Training HARD as always!! Keep it up!!

Thanks man!! Have my push day tomorrow....already beginning to like this type of training...maybe you should give it a go...drop sets\supersets....what i'm going to do is keep straight sets for the compounds and do the drop sets\supersets for isolation work...

Already feeling fuller especially in the lats if you can believe that!

Drop sets and supersets give you an incredible pump, and leave the muscles cramping... IF you train heavy on them, and make sure to use good form even on the lower weight sets. Some people have a tendancy to use sloppy form on them once they are fatigued or use the fact that they are can be so demanding to use lighter weights than they are capable of handling. Neither situation will yield optimal benefits. Good luck bro and keep us posted on how it goes for you.

BodyByFinaplix said:
Drop sets and supersets give you an incredible pump, and leave the muscles cramping... IF you train heavy on them, and make sure to use good form even on the lower weight sets. Some people have a tendancy to use sloppy form on them once they are fatigued or use the fact that they are can be so demanding to use lighter weights than they are capable of handling. Neither situation will yield optimal benefits. Good luck bro and keep us posted on how it goes for you.

Yeh I was just using the weights I normally use on straight sets....but I felt that my form was as good if not better than usual..plus for BBing purposes super low reps or super heavy weight have little value...i'm trying to emphasize the negative more...

I feel that heavy is relative in the sense that 6-12 rep HEAVY will be hard so long as you are pushing yourself and FAILING at the end of the set....

Thanks man...happy I could be a "guinea pig" of sorts on this type of training

Here is what I am thinking for tomorrow:

Incline DB or BB
3 setsx 8-10 reps
Close Grip bench on smith(one of the few exercises I like on smith)
2-3 sets-6-10 reps
Dips
will probably add 30-50# and just do 2-3 sets to failure
Hammer Press
drop set starting at maybe 3pps ending up with 1pps

Barbell Military
3 sets of 8 reps
Laterals
1 triple drop
Hammer BTN press
double\triple drop

Decline DB extensions
3 sets 8 reps

Pushdowns for a few sets

Push day

Today was great!! I am training more instinctively and making some good gains I believe
Also had some nice staredowns with the bicep boys in my gym tonight

Incline BB-going to use 3x8 scheme for awhile...might have started too heavy tonight...think I lost some strength in this exercise
bar
205x8
205x7
205x5-sets 2+3 were just shy of failure

CGBP on smith
2 plates+5 lb per sidex7
2 plates+5 lb per sidex5

Dips(weight behind back)
I added +30 and godamn this extra BW I have accumulated makes a difference got out a few reps
BW x 2 sets nice and controlled probably just use BW for these for awhile maybe add like +10

Hammer chest press 1 set

BTN Hammer Press
2 plates per side for 2 sets

2 sets laterals with 35's

Decline tricep extensions with 45's-these were decent going to do skullcrushers for awhile though
rope extensions with the stack 2 sets
lean away extensions rope with 110

Had a really good day at the gym today...unfortunately I lost my awesome APT pro wrist straps there last time and didn't even know it some loser probably took them...weren't even in the lost and found...So I wasn't able to do BB rows or Rack deads, the two exercises I use them for....anyways, the nerve\tendon thing in my bicep has gone away completely it seems so BB curls were pain free today...still setting up my workout A and B for this day but I tried out some stuff that I rarely ever do..

Pullups
BW for a few
BW+30x8
BW+30x5-too little rest probably
BW+30x6

DB rows-Tweakle recommended these to me and I am so weak on them! However, they place little to no negative stress on my back which is what I was looking for...movement still feels a little weird with the left hand but that is because I am right handed...

a set with the 90's and thought "these are pretty light"
95's for like 3 sets of 4-5 reps hahaha

Chest Supported Rows-I don't really like this exercise all that much so it probably won't be in the rotation
1 plate
2 plates
3 plates
3 plates+25 for 5
3 plates for 5 or 6

1 set of cybex pullovers setting 15 for 7.5 reps

Barbell Curls-hopefully the weights will move up in these I felt my form was very good today
95x5
105x5
110x5
105x3 I think

Pinwheel Curls
50'sx8
50'sx7

BTB wrist curls 2 sets with 135-it was at this point that 2 of the noob tough guys I had a staredown with last time were doing their gay 1\2 rep pullups and looked over at me and I heard one of them say "this guy is definitely on something" and the other one agreed LMFAO

good stuff.i tried that chest support row..just didnt like it at all..i just stick with my deads bb rows and the last 2 times ive been using this tbar row machine which i do like put again those damn hammer strength's i almost cant fit any more weight on!!..just curious what are pinwheel curls??

Top Bottom