Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My first bike

Buddy_Christ

got this bike in 98, right before i turned 21. it was an 85 Honda VF1000R. it had just shy of 40K miles on it when i got it. i got it up to over 44K miles before i parked it and got my 99 F4.

sorry for the extra large pics, but i'm not proficient with scanners and photoshop programs yet (used the school's computers). ordered my own scanner last night, so i'll get better at it once i get my own.

the seat was ripped up when i got it, but i removed it and had it recovered a month or so after buying the bike. that stupid Kenny sticker was on it before i bought the bike. it only had one mirror when i bought it as well.

yeah, it was a 1000cc V4 which is kind of big for a beginner, but it wasn't extremely fast. the bike was also pretty heavy, weighing in at over 600lbs without gas. it was fun to tool around on and learn to ride on, and i enjoyed the bike.

57837VF1000R_1.JPG

57837VF1000R_2.JPG

57837VF1000R_3.JPG

uh no. too slow to race. bike was 13 years old when i put it between my legs, and my 2nd bike (which was a 99 but only a 600cc) is twice as fast.

He wasn't racing on that thing

Oops, sorry crak pot. Missed your last post

JerseyArt said:
Oops, sorry crak pot. Missed your last post

s'ok.

i had my F4 on the track once. Laguna Seca. ran 7 separate 20 minute sessions that day. was fun as hell. i was in the beginner group and people were questioning how many times i had been on the track before. i went out there and just rode balls to the wall and had a lot of fun. i would end up passing about half of our 25 man group in a 20 minute session.

safest place to go fast is on the track. hope to do it again someday.

Crak

LOL

I actually was thinking of setting something up at one of the race tracks, but for cars. I think it would be kick ass. I think it runs a grand or two for the time, but I don't have kids, and it is something I always wanted to try

try hooking up with local car clubs. i went up to Pocono once to work the corner for a track day (got rained out). there was a Porsche club that was taking another part of the track for the day. for the bikes i think pocono was going to cost $200 for the day, something like that. considering they rent the tracks based on a set price for the day, if you hooked up with a car club you probably wouldn't pay too much to get out there.

whatcha want to take to the track anyway?

Crak

Along the lines of an Indy style race car. I hear you can take it up to 180 with maybe 10 laps along the track. I think that would be worthwhile to do at least once. I think some even offer genuine IRL cars

oh, you're talking about renting the car? thought maybe you had a an acura or a WRX or something along those lines and wanted to run it on the track. that'd be fun as hell to do too.

Top Bottom