Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my crooked body

But, side to side symmetry definitely counts. You might want to post this on the Training board as many guys are really into this stuff.

I guess, you need to work the lagging arm more, do you do any cable exercises? YOu might work in some cable lifts for the lagging side and shoulder. I like cable because you can fine tune some of the work--I really like those tear-drop shaped tris and I get a better result doing my sets with the cable.

And in daily life, if you always do stuff with your right (that's the bigger side, right?) practice putting away your groceries, etc. with the other hand. AS you use that side more, it will seem more natural.

You quads are nice, you realize you're not very defined.

If you dropped a little BF your shoulders might look (look not measure) less uneven. It's not that you're a marshmallow, but you are a little smooth.

you look great though - well on your way!

my left bi is lagging too... it'll catch up eventually though. it's already started.

OTC,

I really can't notice the difference, but if you're worried, try working the smaller side first and then do the big side, but with exactly the same amount of weight and reps. The big side will get bored for awhile, but this will ensure eveness in the future. Once the small side catches up, you can increase poundage and reps for both.

Free weights are great, but some machines are good. Look for the ones with rope pulleys or cam mechanisms like the Nautilus. Best pulleys are the Universal. Unfortunately, Universal has gone out of business, so you will rarely see those machines. If the movement seems unnatural, however, stick with the free weights.

Your physique looks awesome. I'm sure you were an athlete. Else you have great genetics to build something like that in just 8 months.

The difference really isnt that noticeable. In your arms it seems to be your triceps that are causing the problem not your biceps (which look balanced to me).

Try doing work with dumb-bells rather than barbells.....this will prevent your stronger side from taking over in the lift. Cables could be used similarly. Also, as somebodt else said, work the weak side first.

OTCbooty said:
Alrighty girls, I finally got to thinkin' that one of you might have some sage words about my asymmetrical bod....

I just started working out in Jan. of this year and got a clue how to train in Feb. My routine had been more of a powerlifting kind of thing but recently I started adding some purely bb exercises and I'd say my goals are split right down the middle....50/50 strength/appearance.

I feel like I look weird! Anyone got any grand ideas about evening things up? I hear a lot of conflicting things about using bar vs. db's, unilateral work, supplementary weak-side work.....I don't know what to do!

:freak:

i think you look great. dont see any big anomolies. we all have them though, but we notice our own way too much. u understand i have the same thing with diff body parts too.
so bottom line, youre looking fab so keep on lifting!

You are being WAY too critical of yourself...Its definately NOT noticeable and If it was, who gives a shit! !! You look beautiful!!! I dont think anyone will ever come up to you and say..wow - your left bicep is 1/2 inch smaller than the right...they are thinking "damn that girl looks good"....and to only have been hitting the weights for 6mts????? Keep doing whatever it is your doing because its working!! ;)

Sassy69 said:
You have a solid upper body! If it does anything for you, before my last comp I measured 15" bi on the left and 14" on the right. Also my left quad is bigger than my right.

Go figure -- but my mom always said I was a little lop-sided. LOL

Damn SASSY!! 15 inchers! I just measured mine and they were a measely 12.5:( (not flexed) and I get comments on my bi's often....

luv2workout: "You are being WAY too critical of yourself"
---that seems to be something, as a woman, that I'm good at.

Imnotdutch & poohbear: Training one side before the other will necessitate a huge change in my training style so I hope you don't mind clarifying a little for me...like I mentioned, I've been using a powerlifting kind of routine--all deadlifts, squats, pull ups/chin ups, dips, mil. press, bench press and narrow grip press. Obviously the tri work has mostly come from dips and NGpress. So what you suggest for triceps for instance would be to switch to unilateral work, say, dumbbell kickbacks and one armed cable pressdowns, complete all my sets for the weak side, then repeat the exact sets/reps on the stronger side? Thanks for the help.

"I'm sure you were an athlete. Else you have great genetics"----Those pics were taken probably a month and a half ago, maybe 5-6 months into training. I remember my mom doing push ups with me sitting on her back when I was a kid, so she was a pretty strong lady. Must be genetic! I never really did any sports in school, and now that I'm pushing 30, I'm as close to being 'athletic' as I've ever been.

Top Bottom