Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

my crooked body

If you are following a powerlifting program you could also do skullcrushers and tri extensions with dumb-bells.....Hannibal posted a good tri exercise on the powerlifting board. I think that these are more effective than kickbacks.

Military presses can be replaced with dumb-bells. I wouldnt go changing your whole routine just to cables and dumb-bells......just modify a few things.

If you can do the dumb-bell exercise with both hands at once I'd do that.....and go until your weakest side fails. If you are going to do one side at a time, I would just alternate sides, starting with the weakest side.

OTCbooty said:
Imnotdutch & poohbear: Training one side before the other will necessitate a huge change in my training style so I hope you don't mind clarifying a little for me...like I mentioned, I've been using a powerlifting kind of routine--all deadlifts, squats, pull ups/chin ups, dips, mil. press, bench press and narrow grip press. Obviously the tri work has mostly come from dips and NGpress. So what you suggest for triceps for instance would be to switch to unilateral work, say, dumbbell kickbacks and one armed cable pressdowns, complete all my sets for the weak side, then repeat the exact sets/reps on the stronger side? Thanks for the help.

Everyone experience one part being bigger than the other, this is usually because you are stronger on one part of your body part, than the other. For me, my left arm is way stronger than the right, I can lift more weight and more reps than I can with the right, very weird. whichever arm you utlilized the most will be the one with all the strenght, so with all that said, unilaterals will help, bring up any lagging body part.

I try to concisely remember when loading the machines with weights, to use my weaker arm when lifting ,loading and unloading the weights. Might help that evening-out thing :)

Have I gotten ahold of the wrong end of the stick, here? I thought you were getting ready to compete. Aren't you?

Sorry for my confusion--in real life, your arms are great, who cares about the non-matching measurements? Same with definition...

(My pix are a long ways off--way too many lumps and bumps, still. And my husband hates my old competition pictures as I did look pretty hulking--not mention my big hair phase!)

Well, I hate to bump this back up, but...

ann---good idea! I think I'm already doing that though, because my dominant hand (right) is actually the weaker side.

dutch--thanks for clarifying :) Started putting some of it into play last night.

keiko--No, I'm not getting ready to compete, in any immediate sense. It's something down the road that, like so many others, I'm thinking I'd like to be able to do, but heck, I just got started and I have no idea what's in store for me. I've been concerned though with the increasing imbalance between sides and want to address it if possible before it DOES become a more critical issue. And I'm not concerned with definition at this time; build first, cut later :)
Would love to see some of your 'hulking' pics--I don't foresee that in my future, but I sure appreciate women who manage to pull it off!

OTC, you look great to me sweetie.. For not having years of training under your belt, you look outstanding.. I can't see any misproportions... Keep up the good work...

Top Bottom