Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My chest workout

a few weeks ago i started working almost every muscle 1x per week since everybody says that it is better. I dunno but i got weaker, i didn't progress AT ALL, and maybe went down a bit. I'm 16 most say i should have pretty damn high test. levels so i think i'll go back to working muscles 2x a week.

BTW i did this on tuesday

2x5 bench ( i didn't really feel it tho)
so i did 2x8 also
Incline Flys 3x8
Flat flys 3x8 no rest w/ DIPS 4x till failure i tried to put some weight on 3rd and 4th round but i couldn't even move

damn that workout felt good i think i'll throw in some flat dumbell press next time

I wouldnt go below 6-7 reps bro below 6 is usually training for strength/power rather than size. You might want to try and keep all your pressing exercises first in the workout before your isolation exercises. For example hit your flat bench, and dips first, then finish with some flyes. I would suggest adding an incline pressing movement, rather than just an isolation movement for your upper pecs. :D:D Good luck!

I kinda had the same problem and couldn't get past 195 on the flat bench for about a month. After a bit of tweaking my bench jumped 10 lbs :) Basically I dropped all fly movements because I really don't think they help at all. Here's what my workout looks like now except that the order will change slightly every week.

Flat Bench 3x 2-10
Incline Bench 3x 2-10
DB Bench 3x 4-10
Dips 3x 4-10

Dips have got to be one of my favourite exercises and help a lot when it comes to benching. Its a great compund exercise and I will quite often do it second in my chest workout so I can push big weights with it.

Good luck.

Yeah dips are probably the #1 exercise for your pecs.. I would agree with the saying that dips are the "upper body squat." Your routine looks pretty good to me I guess.. I never never tried a chest routine without flyes, or with all compound movements. I dont know see how it works for you bro I think I would be overtrainig if I did a routine with all compound movements. For example for back I couldnt do deadlifts, bentover rows, tbar rows, and chins. I would overtrain fast I think. Good luck though. :D:D

Top Bottom