Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My 5x5 mission

SirKevinDeBENCH

about 2 years agoo i stopped using the gym, before i stopped i was benching 200kg (1RM). now after reciently getting married to lovely wife(april 2011), she keeps telling me to lose my stomach. now i was not taking it onboard much what she was saying , but then i noticed that everyone started to say the same thing, and my friend colstreamer who introduced me to this site started sticing pictures of tyrone from snatch on my facebook and tagging them as me, :mad:. :evil:

now colstreamer had been using the gym for about and kept coming to me a and telling me i should come to the gym and how great it was and that he will soon be stronger than me. i kept thinking "keep dreaming", and also told hime he will never be stronger than me. now this was happening everyday that he used the gym if we were at work he will come to me if i was not working he will phone me, aventually i had it with him telling me this and went to the gym with him to prove my point(that i was stronger than him. in the gym i loaded the bar up with 110kg and attempted to use that weight, after 2 reps i realised that i could not push it anymore and it felt like i was lifting more than 200kg from before i stopped traning, :worried: i took a rest and tried again. Ive been going regularly for just over 6 weeks now and my strength has improved massively.... He STILL keeps saying he's stronger than me!!!

So anyway he told me about SL 5x5 and talked me into doing it.
I started monday:
My starting weights are
Bench: 100 kg
Barbell row: 70kg
Overhead press: 30 kg
Squat: 40 kg
Deadlift: 50 kg

I never used to squat before and my legs and hips are really tight and inflexible. My mate's had me doing unweighted squats and what he calls "duck walking" to improve my technique. It hurts like fuck!!! Anyway this is why my squat and deadlift numbers are so low.

Monday 2nd january 2012

Squat: 1x8 @ bar
5x5 @ 40 kg
Bench: 1x8 @ 50 kg
5x5 @ 100 kg
Barbell row: 1x8 @ bar
5x5 @ 70 kg

Yesterday I did some cardio. 20 mins jogging on the treadmill

Today, 4th january 2012
squat 1x8 @ bar
5x5 @ 42.5 kg
Overhead press: 1x8 @ bar
5x5 @ 30 kg
Deadlift: 1x5 @ 50 kg

Welcome to EF! CS is a good bro its cool he got you on here to start a log. Good luck with the 5x5 I am on the 9th week of it myself and love it. Check out my log if you get a chance just click on Arnold in my sig.

Don't be afraid to ask ques. there are a lot of knowledgeable bro's on here that will help you reach your goals!!

im currently doing my second cycle of Madcow 5x5 and love it,lifts are going up and I used to be in the same boat as you as it pertains to squating.i hardly ever squated prior to 5x5 but now i absolutely enjoy doing them.stci with it,youll begin to enjoy it as well.

Hey bro Kev, welcome to EF!
colstreamer told me about you and I rally am glad that you took up the challenge and are back in the gym bro.
Yup man you keep on doing those duck walks, that will help loosen you up pretty dam fast too bro.

You and cols should both check out the diet section on here. O ton of knowledge in there bro.
Ima gonna be looking in here a buch bro to keep up on your progress.
Best regards man!

Bro I put you in here. I think you will get much better and more support.

Welcome to EF there is some good and knowledgeable bros on here, lookin forward to hearing about ur progress

I think he is out of the country for a bit. But CS said he will do his to track our Kev down and get him back in here.

Welcome. I am about to start my 4th week of 5x5 and I am really starting to enjoy it. I also have a 5x5 log going if you want you can check it out. Glad to see you getting going on 5x5. I will be following along.

Top Bottom