Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

My 1st post.. Please i need Help

stellamclachlan

Hello everyone :) my name is Stella Mclachlan, i am 45 years old, a mom of 2 kids "Oliver & Leo" , i'm new in this forum & this is my first post here actually, and I would love to get some help from you. My weight problem started after I had my second baby I gained about 60 lbs, my weight now is 242lbs "about 110kg" & my goal is to lose 50 lbs at least in the next 3 months, I was looking online & i found a supplement called garcinia cambogia, I watched many videos that says it’s good and it's recommended by Dr Oz. This girl is one of them, she lost 70lbs using this, here is her page << cambogia.i-beautywoman.com >> , I am planning to get the product she used but first I want to get some advice from you my friends, I would like if someone who used this can give me a feedback. I don’t care about the money because they give a trial bottle anyway , I just want to know if it has any side effects or something like that , thank you in advance :)

Hello everyone :) my name is Stella Mclachlan, i am 45 years old, a mom of 2 kids "Oliver & Leo" , i'm new in this forum & this is my first post here actually, and I would love to get some help from you. My weight problem started after I had my second baby I gained about 60 lbs, my weight now is 242lbs "about 110kg" & my goal is to lose 50 lbs at least in the next 3 months, I was looking online & i found a supplement called garcinia cambogia, I watched many videos that says it’s good and it's recommended by Dr Oz. This girl is one of them, she lost 70lbs using this, here is her page << cambogia.i-beautywoman.com >> , I am planning to get the product she used but first I want to get some advice from you my friends, I would like if someone who used this can give me a feedback. I don’t care about the money because they give a trial bottle anyway , I just want to know if it has any side effects or something like that , thank you in advance :)

I myself have not tried it yet but have seen some amazing results from others at the gym including ladies. Apparently side effects depend on the individual with cases being fairly rare and cease fairly quickly. It's worth a try but really hydration, diet and cardio (fasted is best imo) must be perfect first. Set a realistic goal, focus and go for it. Good luck :)

Don't buy any supps right now, 99% are a complete waste of money. There are no short cuts, and no magic pills. Anything you see on Dr Oz is complete shit.
You need to learn to diet and eat correctly. This means lean meats, seafood,veggies, fruits, rice, potatoes, a good rule to follow is stick to the perimeter of the grocery stores. You also need to learn portion sizes. Get a digital scale, it will be the most important tool in your fat loss journey. Use it until you know exactly what 250 grams of turkey breast truly looks like.
50lbs in 3 months is extreme and probably not attainable. Aim for a 2lb loss per week, in the first couple weeks though you'll see more than that as you flush out water.
You will see steady fat loss eating 2000 calories, there's no need to starve yourself, that's when people fall off the wagon and binge.

Welcome to the forum Stella! :wavey:

Can't address the supplement from a personal perspective but I've been around long enough that honestly anything you buy OTC to address appetite control or "metabolic acceleration" or anything like that is generally ... well, bullshit. Seriously.

I've read reviews on a vitamin site that I use frequently. The reviews are impartial, I trust the site (it's a general vitamin/nutrition/health site that sells many, many brands) and the general consensus among reviewers seems split 50/50: Doesn't do a thing for some people, others feel it is an effective aid to appetite control and who knows how much of that is placebo effect? Apparently there is the issue of making sure the supplement is adequate strength, as well. And frankly, I distrust the opinions of any site/video devoted to a supplement. Of course they're going to tell you the stuff works, they want you to buy it, lots of it, in fact.

That being said ... I'm just a pinch older than you (soon to be 49) and I honestly feel that getting a practical handle on your overall health, making permanent lifestyle/diet changes and working towards realistic, sustainable goals is far more important than hoping some magic pill will melt the pounds away.

Look, the fact is, even if ANY pill works it's not a permanent solution and you have to wonder what are the potential side effects (anybody remember the phen/fen debacle??) And what about maintenance, the real bugboo with weight loss? Sooner or later you have to accept that consciously choosing to eat right and get moving daily is the only way to maintain your health and weight and it doesn't get easier as you get older, let me tell you that.

IMO, save your money on the diet supplement and buy a good quality digital food scale and start getting a handle on what you actually eat daily. Set a realistic number for daily caloric intake -- considering your age I'd start at 10 times your bodyweight -- divide those calories into grams of protein, carbs and fat (4 calories to the gram for protein and carbs, 9 calories to the gram for fat), and then you split the percentage of your calories into nutrient macros (nutritionists agree that for weight loss you should get at least 25% to 30% of your calories from protein, weight lifters eat more, but protein is the slowest digesting macro and keeps you satiated longest). For an averagely active woman, trying to drop bodyfat, I say get 35% of your calories from protein (211 grams) another 35% of your calories from carbs (again, 211 grams) and 30 percent from fat (80 grams). Find a diet diary (my fitness pal, fit day, calorie king, to name a few) and log every bite of food and swallow of anything that isn't water that goes into your mouth. Additionally, get at least 30 minutes a day of exercise that (preferably an hour) utilizing both cardio and resistance training. Rinse, repeat. As you lose weight you have to recalculate your calories.

And no, I don't think a 45 year old woman can healthfully lose 60 lbs in 3 months. Maybe half that if you're extremely active and disciplined with your diet. Anything more than 2 lbs a week and you're losing whatever muscle mass you may have now. And whether you like it or not your age and hormones are already fighting with you. Your metabolism is slowing (has been, happens to all of us after age 35 to 40) and many women's hormone levels start becoming erratic after age 35, as well.

Top Bottom