Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Morning Cardio - Empty Stomach or Not?

Empty stomach- you burn off the fat that has already accumulated (also harder to burn) as when you eat the excess calories (and minerals) turn to fat. In the morning your going directly for those fat molecules and burning them off before having new ones settle.
Also, when you work out in the morning you still have adrenaline in your blood from sleeping- we have thousands of dreams per night, and some of them induce stress, or, adrenaline into our system. So with that combination you can actually burn off more than you normally will.
I say morning if you have the will-power to do it.

If you're considering fasted morning cardio, a lot of experts recommend popping some BCAA's before and after each session to aid in preventing catabolism. Just thought I'd throw that in.

i usually have like 15g whey protein right when i wake up, wait like 15-20 minutes then do my morning cardio

SublimeZM said:
i usually have like 15g whey protein right when i wake up, wait like 15-20 minutes then do my morning cardio

agree. a small protein/ carb before cardio so your not burning muscle w/fat. I think theres like a zillion studies on this. fasted-state cardio tears down muscle.

do you feel tired for the rest of the day? also, would you consider casein at night if i were going to start jogging in the morning?

nodiggitydave said:
do you feel tired for the rest of the day? also, would you consider casein at night if i were going to start jogging in the morning?
im no good at diet stuff, but ill try and answer till someoen better comes...

i feel tired on days i DONT do cardio...once i do my cardio or lift i feel good after that, but before that i feel nausiated and sick and have a headache...so no, cardio makes me feel awsome, not tired (after the initial cardio induced tiredness goes away).

lots of people say having casein cause its slow digesting before bed so your stomach feeds and works while ur sleeping....but unless your sleeping less than 4 hours or whatever, everything would pretty much be digested...

but anyway *BUMP* for someone who actually knows

SublimeZM said:
im no good at diet stuff, but ill try and answer till someoen better comes...

i feel tired on days i DONT do cardio...once i do my cardio or lift i feel good after that, but before that i feel nausiated and sick and have a headache...so no, cardio makes me feel awsome, not tired (after the initial cardio induced tiredness goes away).

lots of people say having casein cause its slow digesting before bed so your stomach feeds and works while ur sleeping....but unless your sleeping less than 4 hours or whatever, everything would pretty much be digested...

but anyway *BUMP* for someone who actually knows

casein is ALWAYS ideal for a night meal - and definitely drink some whey in water if your going to do the morning cardio, it will help keep you from being overly catabolic and you'll still be glycogen depleted so it wouldn't effect your potential fat burnage

Top Bottom