Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mobile Gym

jackdbristow

Hey guys,

A group of us are starting a mobile gym business where personal trainers can schedule training sessions with their clients without having to associate with gym. Do you guys think it's a good idea? If not, why?

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

-Jack

Sounds good in theory. A few questions. What type of training are you doing? What type of transportation will you use? What kind clientele or demographic are going to appeal or cater to?

Thanks for the feedback!

From our experiences, there are many people who know good trainers but can't work with them because their gyms don't allow outside trainers. So, we'd cater to those who need personal trainers, but don't belong to a gym or their gyms don't allow outside trainers.

We are thinking of getting a good size truck and carry free weights to stationary bicycles. But it really depends on what trainers ask for.

Thanks, again.

-Jack

I think with free weights as long as you stuck with dumbells and kettle bells you would be good. Also a couple Barbells and and some bumper plates for some crossfit and Olympic lifts. Also ropes, medicine balls, boxes for box jumps, stationary bikes, etc. Anything else would be too bulky and time consuming to set up.

The key would be for everything to be portable and easy to set up. Id use a decent size enclosed trailer like the one you would haul a race car in(the smaller one) because its fairly wide and roomy. Have dollys to haul everything in with minimum trips.

With a trailer you could even drop it in a park, parking lot, school or something and hold group sessions. Maybe even get businesses to do a fit day for employees.

^^that as well as the cheapest Elitefts prowler-- I think you can really market that to your female clients too cuz it will build a butt/legs

I thnk Elitefts has a sale for memorial day atm

Mobile gym? What type of vehicle would you use? Are you thinking you are going to haul this stuff to there house, etc? Just curious, because I have a mobile business and some times I wish I just had a brick and mortar place. But I could see this being popular especially if there is a lot of higher end areas close by. That will most likely be your clientele the 6 figure + income households.

I offer that as an option. I have adjustable DBS to 50lbs, a portable bench, bands, vest, adj. kettle bells to25lbs. So far no takers. I only have 4 clients currently (by choice) but they all would rather come to my house. They are all female and they want to get away from home and kids to exercise.

RD

Top Bottom