Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Mitch: How to improve MPG on Nissan Titan ?

-SD-

EXT ELITE ROB
Chairman Member
attn mitch?
This truck is a gas gulping beast and i wanted to get a couple more MPG
2011 titan 4X4 crew cab 5.6

LOL! Seriously though...There isn't much you can do to improve it. CAI/Exhaust may yield you a couple MPGs (doubtful) and that's if you can keep your foot out of it once you do it. Plus the amount of money you'll spend ($1000+) just to gain maybe 1MPG...well it's not really cost effective unless you just want that shit on your truck.

12000 Miles a Year average @17mpg=705gal of fuel

705gal of fuel @ $2.50/gal=$1762.50

12000 Miles a Year average @18mpg=667gal of fuel

667gal of fuel @ $2.50/gal=$1667.50

So it'd only take about 10 years for that to start paying off for you.

HTH

guess i will have to go easy on the right foot and ride my harley a lot more which i already do anyway
love the truck just the mpg is for shit

Hm. I was told in the past cold air intakes increased gas mileage more than that. Lol what's the purpose of one then

Hm. I was told in the past cold air intakes increased gas mileage more than that. Lol what's the purpose of one then

By itself, it's pretty worthless. Makes the engine sound a little "meaner" cuz you can hear the air being pulled into the throttle body. To be effective you really have to go through and do the exhaust, but at that point it's pretty much just for performance and your mileage will most likely go down.

By itself, it's pretty worthless. Makes the engine sound a little "meaner" cuz you can hear the air being pulled into the throttle body. To be effective you really have to go through and do the exhaust, but at that point it's pretty much just for performance and your mileage will most likely go down.

you don't know fgt

This is what happens when you put a supercharger, intake, exhaust, tuner, gears, etc etc on

That "...but babe I'll get better gas mileage" is just to get the wife to agree it's a good purchase. LOL

2a7d4za.jpg

LOL! Seriously though...There isn't much you can do to improve it. CAI/Exhaust may yield you a couple MPGs (doubtful) and that's if you can keep your foot out of it once you do it. Plus the amount of money you'll spend ($1000+) just to gain maybe 1MPG...well it's not really cost effective unless you just want that shit on your truck.

12000 Miles a Year average @17mpg=705gal of fuel

705gal of fuel @ $2.50/gal=$1762.50

12000 Miles a Year average @18mpg=667gal of fuel

667gal of fuel @ $2.50/gal=$1667.50

So it'd only take about 10 years for that to start paying off for you.

HTH

ololololol! @ 17 mpg

My MPG Estimates

Top Bottom