Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Miked8c's log: 300 and Beyond

well imo school is jus what society tells you to do. Theres plebnty of ways to get money without going to school. Stocks, bonds, investments, real estate, etc

Why go to school get a degree and work for your money, when you can make money work for you!

Classic words of an entrepanuer. Listen man, if you think you think you have what it takes to be a self-made man and rely completely on your own skills to make money happen then by all means go. As for me I'll suck up for years of hell for a lifetime for guarenteed security.

GL to you to brochacho

Deadlift Day:

275x3
315x3
355x14

Funny stuff. Had a rough warm up because I was draggin my thumb knuckle against my shin as I usually do on deadlifts and it was tarting to burn, as usual. So I get to my work set and since I had a crappy warm up I wasn't expecting much, but I vowed to have a good day.
I chalked up my right shin(don't know why I did this, it seemed like a good idea at the time) and went to work.

So I start repping 355, at around the 11th rep I notice a subtle feeling of slickness. I was looking at the mirror the entire set but I wasn't actually looking, I had kind of zoned in. At the top of my 11th rep I finally focused in and saw my right shin was covered(I mean covered) in blood, I had to have opened the scab on the 8th rep or something because the blood had definitely been smeared a bit. I see this one kid in the middle of his ab routine on the floor stop and sit up to watch me. This was all the at the top of the rep. I got fired up and killed the last three reps with ease.

I turn around and the kids just nodding his head at me. My sock was soaked so I took a trip to the bathroom to clean it up but it still bled slowly.

I decided to not do any assistance work because kids were starting to stare at me and I don't blame them. I dont want to look like a wierdo deadlifting like a fiend with a bloody leg in front of my college.

Despite cutting my workout short I am very pumped with 355x14, I went in and did what I set out to do and I am all the better for it.

BTW what should I do about the shin so this does not happen everytime I lift? Should I wrap it? If so with what? Its not that it hurts I just cant have it getting all bloodied up everytime I lift.

Mike you are a bad ass! Those kids probably shit their pants at night just thinking of you. Wish you could have gotten that on video haha! You could try wearing pants, or maybe wrapping the area with athletic tape

I think I'll rough it out for one more workout, I got on sea term in a coupla weeks so I won't be deadlifting( or any kind of compund lifting) for 7 weeks, no barbells on the ship, only DB's up to 100 lbs.

More on that later though:D

Today. 17. So three more, I stopped because I was starting to get looks .

Dude who cares who's looking don't let them effect your workout!

Good job on the deads anyway, you could try wearing soccer socks and pulling them up over your shins next time if you don't want to scrape the scabs off.

Top Bottom