Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Marijuana use and bodybuilding questions

Pellmaster

New member
Hey guys, i'm new to the board...i'm no hardcore bodybuilder and i don't juice, but it looks like there is lots of great conversation going on around here so i figured i'd jump in, now onto it

i have been smoking habitually since last summer, incidentally that is when i started working out consistently and i was wanting to know what kind of negative effects marijuana causes in relation to gaining/keeping mass and cutting fat, do you guys think if i stopped the pot cold turkey that i would see an improvement in my workout?

oh, and if you think this post would be more appropriate in a different area of the forums then say something
 
I don't care what anyone says, this is the biggest potential problem with smoking it: Getting the frickin munchies and eating way too much crappy food. I do this almost every time, and it pisses me off. The second biggest potential problem I would say is if you're smoking a LOT, it may start affecting your cardio (just like smoking cigs, though probably not as bad). Other than these, I'm not sure it's that bad, there's several guys on this board that smoke the herb like it's going out of style, and I don't think they would if it turned them into girly men. I heard some crap about it being an anti-testosterone, but even if that were true, I'm sure it'd be more than offset by something that's an anti-estrogen, like flax. I'm interested to hear some informed opinions on this as everything I just said I pulled out of my ass. ;)
 
Madd Hatter said:
I don't care what anyone says, this is the biggest potential problem with smoking it: Getting the frickin munchies and eating way too much crappy food. I do this almost every time, and it pisses me off. The second biggest potential problem I would say is if you're smoking a LOT, it may start affecting your cardio (just like smoking cigs, though probably not as bad). Other than these, I'm not sure it's that bad, there's several guys on this board that smoke the herb like it's going out of style, and I don't think they would if it turned them into girly men. I heard some crap about it being an anti-testosterone, but even if that were true, I'm sure it'd be more than offset by something that's an anti-estrogen, like flax. I'm interested to hear some informed opinions on this as everything I just said I pulled out of my ass. ;)

yeah, that's a nice reply though man

i know what you're sayin about the munchies, heh, i've got em right now and i've been eating candy
 
the main reason you eat crappy food when youre high is because you are too lazy to prepare something. youre looking for a quick fix, so you grab some chips, microwaveable crap, etc. anythiing that is ready to eat or just about ready. an easy way to solve this is make a couple turkey sandwiches or just have some healthy ready to eat food lying around.

as long as you keep it in moderation, weed will not affect your gains. i smoke up a few times a week and it hasnt hurt me.
 
back in the day, i used to smoke bigtime. Also, during that time I went from a fat 225 to a ripped 172. So just eat healthy... Also, i swear that my workouts rocked right after smoking. Got me in the "zone" Cant party anymore however, gotta pee at work:bawling:
 
Yes rumor has it insane lifts are possible right after an opium session, i dont have the balls to try it though, i would probably get kicked outta my gym.
 
I don't really see how you could have incredible lifts in the gym will high...mary jane is a downer and you need to be pumped in the gym with some serious intensity, but that is coming from an outsider I wouldn't really know.
 
weed and working out

I would be most worried about a-motivational syndrome. I know most people think it is a stereotype.. BUT habitually smoking pot does tend to leave people less motivated. If you are less motivated to get to the gym, that is not a good thing.

You gotta find high-protein munchies.
 
Top Bottom