Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

making fun of noobs at the gym

I started out with small-time weights on my deadlift to get the form down, and it shot up quick. In a couple or three months you'll be pulling some respectable stuff by anyone's standards, I am sure.

Yeah it's definately insecurity. Hey, the pursuit to defeat another is great motivation though :). Make it your personal goal to deadlift 200 lbs more than he can and rub it in his face :).

Im not a newbie working out-- but Im at a new gym & i really keep a low-profile there cause its mostly the really, big serious bodybuilders & I dont want to antagonize anyone.

if I were you-- ignore guys like that, train hard & they will come to respect you.

people like that piss me off. a few weeks ago some dude was looking at me and laughing when i was doing hack squats with 3 plates and a quarter on each side. so when i finished my set, i said "lets see you do em." he tried, and couldnt even get it up once, so i told him next time he laughs at me ill throw a 45 at him.
:D
Lee doesnt take any shit

You know, I had lifted when I was young pretty regularly until I got married and had kids. Basicly I took off about 10 years until two years ago.

Then I got my act together and resumed training but at first I would go in, do my thing and Mr. know it all felt compelled to tell me what I was doing wrong, what I should be doing, bla, bla, bla.... I was working out in the morning and switched to evenings because it was less crowded.

Well after 2 years I see Mr. Know it all on a Saturday. He's fatter then me, weaker then me, but still talks his shit. Bottom line, doesn't matter, fuck them. Work hard for you.

I watch this guy pressing bench and when he is done I tell him to leave the weight where it is...he says, don't you want to warm up, and I said "yes" that's why I don't want you to strip it down" (loser). He pretends he doesn't know who I am because he realizes while I was working out he is running around giving advice.

kakarot417 said:
i was doing deadlifts yesterday and this guy comes up to me with his buddy and tells his buddy "i would be embarassed if i was deadlifting that little weight", and he said this like right in front of me. it kinda pissed me off but i kept working out anyway and didnt say anything. funny thing is all this guy was doing was talking to people, he was barely lifting. i figure eventually ill get bigger since i work out and he wont since all he does is talk in the gym. what a jerk!

Remember that feeling.

I was training at IU, in one of the local student gyms. I weighed 160lbs, and it was my 2nd week training, I couldn't even bench 135lbs... I was doing like 115lbs for like 3-4 reps... that day, I got it for 6 reps. A big guy... like HUGE from the football team was making a laugh at me and shaking his head.

I felt really tiny (even though I could have jumped over his head standing still at that point). It wasn't a good feeling.

Now, I'm around 230-240ish... Because of an injury, I can only 1RM around 325lbs. I can push serious weight. When I see a guy struggling... I will offer them encouragement as they struggle.... or say "good job brother" -- I remember how it felt to be the little guy getting shit on.

Now when you get jacked... you can help the little guy out and piss on that fucker. :)

C-ditty

when i was a freshman and soph in highschool i used to get laughed at by some of the bigger guys. I started out with a 100lbs max on bench, and god knows what on a real squat. Dig in and as time passes you'll get bigger than all those who doubt you

Screw em', the real question when everything is said and done-"Can he kick your ass?"

Top Bottom