Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low-Carb Cyclic Diet Question???

Genie

Does anyone have, or knwo where I can find, a sample carb-rotating diet? I am gearing towards this rotation:

Low-carb Cyclic diet. Think traditional low carb diet for 3 days, followed by a high-carb diet for 2 days followed by a medium carb diet for three days.

So:

On the medium carb days - take in 1 gram of carbs/pound bw.
on the low carb days - half the amount on the medium days
high days - take in 1.5 times the carbs as the low days.

So for 130 pound Chica:

Low - 65 grams
medium - 130 grams
high 195 grams

The diet I'm using in my thread

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133563

was taken from an article writen by a female Bodybuilder called Diana Dennis in 1993 or so. I no longer have that article, but I remeber most of the bits from it.

There is a book called Sliced that has a good chapter on the Carb cycling diet by Negrita Jayde. Its basicly a 3 day low carb, followed by a 3 day load up.
70 grams of carbs on the low days, day 4 you can eat 500 above your maintenance levels and eat just about anything - 200-400grams of carbs, day 5 your still carbing up but you ahve to eat good, day 6 ditto.

Colin

The easiet way to do it IMO is get a medium sized potatoe, and cut into 6 pieces - one for each meal of the low carb days. Then weigh a Chicken breast and figure how much protein it supplies and what you need and then cut that up into 6 pieces (one for each meal). Then have a ton of letteuce and other veges on hand plus a gallon of ice cold water.

Then nibble your portions for each meal, make an effort to chew each bite at elast 30 times, the longer you can stretch the meal out the fuller you will feel. If you do it right you'll actually feel a bit too full :)

On the carb up days, just eat the required amount of starchy carbs and cut back on the protein slightly to make room.

Take your calicum, multi-vitamin, fish oil, etc tablets as well.

Colin

Oh yeah one handy hint - buy some raw nuts like almonds, walnuts etc.

anytime your still feeling hungry, nibble on a few of these. In fact nibble of some of em before a meal. The high fat (good fat) content will kill your appetite :)

Oh yeah the most important thing to do on a Cycling low carb diet is to severly deplete you body's carb stores (glycogen) on the first day of the low carb cycle. Cardio is pretty much useless for this unless you do hours of it :)

Yeap nothing beats high speed, high intensity exercise for this - so that means heavy explosive weight training with minimal rest between sets - limit it to 45 minutes and sprint interval training.
Sprinting is pure carb burning, the high speed and intensity of the movement ensures that - its 100% intensity - even weights never comes close to that :) But its hard, and unless if have been sprinting a lot, I suggest you jog first before you go full ball, or you won't be able to walk for a week :D

Do weights and sprinting back to back, and for the rest of the 3 day low carb cycle you won't have to do anymore exercise, you carb stores will be extremely low. This means you can actually eat more carbs like 100grams and still lose a lot of fat, hell I've lost 1/4 inch of my waist a day so far in my current attempt at getting ripped.

Fail to deplete and the diet will fail to work as I have learnt from my own mistakes :(

Top Bottom