Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lose fat / bulk up?

tom8y

A lot of people wonder this, I tried and wondered my self when I first started training.

I think you do one or the other. Well I can never make my mind up wether to lose fat then bulk lean mass or bulk up lose fat and cut up?

What do people do here.
1. Lose fat then bulk
2. Bulk, lose fat then cut
3. Both at same time

I'm currently losing and cutting then I will bulk.

id say if you want to get big but be cut i would bulk first. its harder to stay cut while bulking. just get big not worry about bloat or shit then cut

I follow a ckd diet. I loose fat and put on solid weight. Not a lot, but it is solid and since ckd is the way I eat regularly now, fat stays off, muscle stays on.

I follow a ckd diet. I loose fat and put on solid weight. Not a lot, but it is solid and since ckd is the way I eat regularly now, fat stays off, muscle stays on.

Sounds good mate. Ckd? U got more info on that

as you say you can build muscle with minmal/no fat gain its just a slower process but in the long run its not as you dont spend loads of time dieting , i know as this is what i do . the problem is that to do it diet has to be 101% dialled in and as i keep saying people must put as much time and effort in to learning/executing their diet as they do with their training . its nothing strange to see people that have been training a few years but have a less than basic knowledge of BB nutrition which is sad and also one of the reasons you see people training for years and not progressing and their body's dont change . there is no excuse for not learning this valuable knowledge as there is so much info available now via the net .

chesty wrote this up for me yesterday in another stack about that ckd diet

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/diet-bodybuilding/new-needs-good-diet-743439.html
yea he seems to know his stuff does chesty and like he says ckd is one of if not the best diet for fatloss/muscle retention , ive done it but i IF 16/8 now . ckd is quite hard to find your sweet spot but after a bit of trial and error youll know what cals n macs work for you . at first you must weigh , measure , log n track everything that you put in your mouth then after a while you should be able to stick with similar/same foods everyday so you wont have to track n log so much .
good luck

A CKD diet just at maintenance will allow one to lose fat while gaining muscle. This is especially true if you attempt to eat closer to an IF lifestyle as well, grouping most of your calories post workout.

As stated, both goals will never be achievable with 100% efficiency. One must consider that a trainee can participate in this lifestyle for 6 months, as opposed to a 4 month bulk and a 2 month cut - the results of both, at the end of the 6 month period, will be closer than many believe. It all depends on your commitment during the training period. Consider a 4 month bulk that adds 10lbs to one's frame, half fat and half muscle, then a 2 month cut that allows one to drop 5-6lbs of fat without sacrificing any muscle. Eating CKD style, just above TDEE every day for 6 months may allow you to gain about 6lbs of muscle, while losing a pound or two of fat.

In the end, the difference between both approaches is quite small. It never hurts to switch between CKD and a bulk/cut cycle every so often, to prevent your body from getting used to any dietary regime.

A CKD diet just at maintenance will allow one to lose fat while gaining muscle. This is especially true if you attempt to eat closer to an IF lifestyle as well, grouping most of your calories post workout.

As stated, both goals will never be achievable with 100% efficiency. One must consider that a trainee can participate in this lifestyle for 6 months, as opposed to a 4 month bulk and a 2 month cut - the results of both, at the end of the 6 month period, will be closer than many believe. It all depends on your commitment during the training period. Consider a 4 month bulk that adds 10lbs to one's frame, half fat and half muscle, then a 2 month cut that allows one to drop 5-6lbs of fat without sacrificing any muscle. Eating CKD style, just above TDEE every day for 6 months may allow you to gain about 6lbs of muscle, while losing a pound or two of fat.

In the end, the difference between both approaches is quite small. It never hurts to switch between CKD and a bulk/cut cycle every so often, to prevent your body from getting used to any dietary regime.

Top Bottom