Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Longer average lifespans.. is the xtra years worth it?

As people live longer their productive/healthy lives also lengthen.

Say 50 years ago someone lived until 80 - they were probably up and about until say 60-70.

Now if someone lives to 100 - they are probably up and about until 80+.

Either way, you improve youir chances by healthy living and exercise.

I've seen 70 year olds who are healthier and more active than the average 50 year old.

Live Longest I can!!!!!!!

I FEEL LIFE IS TOO SHORT AS IT IS TO EXPERIENCE ALL THE THINGS THAT I WANT TO DO . I WOULDN'T MIND LIVING UNTIL I WAS 200! THERE IS SO MANY THINGS, PEOPLE, PLACES,ETC IN THIS WORLD ,THAT I WISH WE LIVED LONGER SO WE COULD LEARN EVEN MORE! I PLAN ON BEING A HEALTHY "OLD WOMAN" SO I WOULD RATHER LIVE TO 100. I FEEL IF THE DAY EVER ARISES WHERE I FIND MYSELF UNABLE TO WIPE MY OWN ASS OR HAVE A ORGASM THAT IS WHEN I WILL BE READY TO CLOSE MY EYES AND SAY GOOD-BYE...................:p

long post

The American Academy of Anti Agin Medicines goal is not to just extend years but that "every one arrives to the age of 90 in the body of a 45 year old"

Yes it would be of benefit. Currently all the top people in any field (firemen, brain surgeons, teachers, mechanics, etc) spend years and years learning their trade well, only to retire at 65 years of age. Most people want to retire at age 65 because they feel like crap and are in terrible shape.

If everyone were in the shape of someone we currently think of as 30 years old when they were 60, they would want to continue to work because they would feel too good to sit around and watch Oprah all day. And think of how much progress we could make as a civilization if our best minds had another 40 years to contribure more knowledge on firefighting, brain surgery, teaching, mechanics etc).

All known mammals , except one species, currently lives to be about 10 times the age of pubery. That one species is humans - we reach pubery about 12 and we die at age 70-80 on the average. That is a lifespan of about 6-7 times the age of pubertal onset.

Tigers live to be about 7 years old - or about 110 human years. They are very old at 6 years of age. However at 6 years of age they can run down a 145 LB gazelle, break its neck and drag it 4.5 miles back to its lair. That tiger is not sitting around saying "Oh I would still chase down a gazelle if only my prostate was not acting up, or my arthritis or my diabetes". Most humans do not live to an equivalant age as a tiger, but what we currently call old age is a time of great sickness and disease for the most part. AND IT IS ALL DUE TO LIFESTYLE.

If we took a wild tiger and made him eat twinkies, and every time he was going to run put him in a car and made him drive to where he was going thereby depriving him of exercise, and had him smoke cigarettes and drink beer, and whenever it got late and he felt tired and like going to bed - had him drink coffee so he could stay awake late into the night and watch David Letterman....that tiger would get sick at a much earlier age.

By extending our life, and making whatever lifespan we have healthier we will save this country money. Like our mammal counterparts we won't get sick so early. I am not talking about the 65 year olds. I am talking about the 40 year olds. Humans start getting sick at age 30-40. Women who have osteoporosis start getting it around age 35 according to the research. We have the early signs of aging begin when we are 30 - what we currently call "middle age".

Scientists believe our normal lifespan whould be about 120. Middle age should be 60. But currently at 60 we are already very very very sick and weak. By increasing our lifespan we will have people productive longer, meaning they will not be on social security for as long, and can contribute to social security for a longer period. There will also be less preventable illnesses that we have to pay for : cancer, heart disease, diabetes - all of which are directly attributable to diet and lifestyle.

Yes, anti aging medicine is valuable. There ought to be a special tax for people that do not take advantage of what we know about the dietary and lifestyle changes that are proven to extend life and make it healthier - because those people will cost our society more money to take care of.

Very good post. I agree fully. The Tiger isn't long for this world as a species though. We humans will certainly drive them to extinction. As far as these feeble, sick, old people goes.... I say make Jack Kevorian the Surgeon General. He could solve the problem.

I am not sure why the fuss over Jack Kevorkian. I would think all the HMO's would be fighting to get him on their plans. he is the ideal doctor as far as an insurance company goes: he makes house calls, one visit and it is done - gauranteed.

Top Bottom