Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Longer average lifespans.. is the xtra years worth it?

I'm glad this topic was raised, because yesterday I thought to myself "Y'know, I'm REALLY looking forward to my retirement" which is kinda a strange thing, considering I'm only 19.

But I am confident that I'm smart enough about money and education and career to have lived a fulfilling life, and have enough money to have the freedom to do what I want.

I hope to have house near a river on the South-West Australian coast, and hopefully my girlfriend will still be around, but by then she'll be my wife and we'll have kids and grandkids who come to see us. I think if you're smart about it and plan ahead, your last years can be great. And when I say plan ahead, I don't mean just financially.... I mean health-wise too. Eating right, exercising and doing things to keep you healthy, mobile and relatively pain-free. I'm starting work on all of those things now.... and I'm looking forward to being old.

And of course, enjoying the journey there.

As long as the extra years gained are not years of "suffering", as you put it, then sure, I'd love to live as long as this body is capable of living.... and beyond....

But if the extra years are suffering in misery, lonelines in an retirement home, in and out of hospitals, failing health, senility, then just shoot me. I'm doing everything I can right now to prevent all of that from happenning.... living healthy, eating right, taking vitamins and minerals, excercising, protecting the brain from aging.

An ad on the MesoRx board points you to a company which does GH therapy. Say's their 6 month therapy could roll the clock back 10 years. What do you think?

According to Buddhist cosmology, man use to live up to 10,000 years and by the end of the world (another thousand of years from now) ... man will live only up to 10 years. If you read the bible, those guys (Abraham, Adam) lived up to 200-350 yrs. Conclusion: WE HAVE LOST THE KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE LONGER.

I believe technological advancement will bring back man's lost knowledge to increase his age. Back in the middle-ages and the time of the plague and dark ages, the mortality rate was 20-40 years old. Even developing countries have low mortality rates today. Developed countries have 80+ yrs. mortality, and this is attributed to quality of life (technology and medical/nutritional knowledge is part of that).

Extending life is not a burden. There are several benefits to growing old and even living alone. Learning to achieve Inner Peace and Tranquility is one. If I were to reach a 120 years old, my goal is to attain spiritual enlightenment before exiting the mortal flesh .....

Whazzzzupppp ... Enjoy Life !
smile.gif

We're not designed for longevity. If we were we would be made out of kevlar, stainless steel, goretex, carbon composites, etc.

We are biodegradable units. We exist in a symbionic relationship with the plant world. Exchanging O2 and CO2 back and forth and sacrificing ourselves eventually to each other.

This longevity thing is a marketing myth. The whole idea of dying isn't very appealing.
Why not make empty promises to the masses.

Religion has been making the same promise for centuries and you don't even have to eat right and exercise. And with them it's not just a longer life. It's eternal life.

Why worry about life. You'll never get out of it alive. And for those of you who seek eternal life. Well.... The Pearly Gates are the marbled tombstones of any ordinary cemetary, and Heaven is the crypt.

People are willing to DIE trying in order to LIVE ! :eek:

And People are willing to LIVE only to DIE in the end. :D

Enjoy life and death :p

Think about it ..... :alien:

I'll be in the greatest shape of my bodybuilding life at age 50 ... and the most attractive to all women... don't be a pessimist Magilicuti ... there's life at 50

This is something the government will not like, they will have to payout all of your social security of you live long enough, the way it stands right now they want you to die like about 5 years after you retire, that way they can spread your social security out to cover others retirement. Besides the social security system will be broke in the next 15 to 20 years. This is an issue that the idiots in Washington will want to regulate, HGH could well be banned because of this issue alone, all of us won't get it, but you can bet your bottom dollar if your a high powered politcian you will be able to get it.

Just watch the media get a hold of this one and start their fear mongering to scare people into beleiveing that Congress should pass a law against HGH. They will lie cheat and steal to control us.

Last edited:
Top Bottom