Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

List some good forearm excercises

I have gotten very good results with high volume wrist curls/reverse wrist curls with dumbells. I too have or had puny formarms and was more embarassed by them than any other part of my body.

A good way to tell that you are getting growth is to hold your arm straight out (like a Hitler salute), and then bend your elbow at a 90 degree angle. Do this in front of a mirror and you can see development in the height of the muscle. Looking at it otherwise can trick you into seeing it smaller than it really is (sort of like my LH platform car makes it seem like there is nothing in front of the dash board of the car).

Ok, moving along.

Wrist curls and reverse wrist curls. Do a set of 20 of each, back to back, as a single set. Then repeat, no rest, for 3 or 4 sets. Then rest, get some water, and go back to work.

The position to do these? The best is to get a bench and kneel on the floor facing the long side of the bench. Rest your forarms on the top of the bench so that your hands and a little of your forarms hang over the other side. From this position you can curl with your arms nearly parallel. For reverse curls, it is more natural to put your forarms at a slightly inward angle.

Illustration:
Wrist Curls - | |
R-Wrist Curls - / \

The curls will be able to do much more weight than the reverse curls. Don't worry so much about the weight - I am suspicious of trying to do a low volume, high weight with that much stress on your wrists.

Anyway, if you do 4-6-8 sets of these, you will feel a definite burn and your muscles will grow nicely.

Also, because the forarm muscles are faster recovering than others, you can hit this once every two days or maybe daily if you are really fast naturally (superpharmacutical or otherwise).

Why do them in this position rather than against your knees sitting or with a bar? Because this gives you the fullest range of motion and is the hardest to cheat in.

Static holds? You are probably doing static-hold like stuff already as part of other excercises. Also, if you do static holds, do them at the end of your exercise because they will shoot your grip to hell for stuff later on. Not saying they are bad, but wrist curls/reverse wrist curls work your forarm in ways no other exercise does.

Anyway, just try what I layout here *once* and see if you can feel the difference. Good luck.

supreme said:
Deadlifts

farmers walk

wrist curl / rev wrist curl

Hammer curls

Rope pull (need truck or car for weight)

Rev. hammer curls

reverse curl

behind the back wrist curl

wrist roller

ulnar & radial deviations

hand gripper / webbing

Zottman curl

finger tip push ups

chokin the chicken

S

ditto. especially the last one. hehe.

Top Bottom