Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting Shoes

miked8c

I am starting to get serious with lifting, and the big three lifts.

Currently I am wearing this crappy pair of Nikes, purely because they have the flattest sole out of all my kicks. However I hate squatting and deadlifting with them because I can almost feel them sinking once I get under the weight. I want some hard shoes that are made for powerlifters.

I don't mind dropping $100+ on a wicked nice pair of weightlifting shoes. My feet are done growing so I will be using them the rest of my life.

To be honest I know very little about lifting shoes, I know most have a wooden/metal sole to make sure there is no sinking feeling but that is about it.

Does anyone have any experienced opinions? Please don't recommend barefoot, or converse shoes. I want a real brand.

Wendler on squatting in running shoes:

"Imagine trying to squat while standing on a mattress, now imagine squatting barefoot on a cement floor."

im still going to say it... ive been pulling anything over 400ish in my socks... big difference over anything...
shoe wise... i have a pair of oly shoes... they are second-hand though fit me perfectly, were only used once or twice... the only identifiable marking reads 'made in poland'... i love these shoes for squatting of all kinds and when i do olympic lifts...
and then i use either a pair of chucks or adidas somba's when i bench, lighter assist work or lighter isolation work...

most common shoes I hear about being used for powerlifting are:

chuck taylors/converse all stars
olympic lifting shoes (more used for squatting)
deadlifting slippers
barefoot

I wear adidas sambas which I have heard a few others talking about. I own a pair of chuck taylors but I dont like the look of them so I dont wear them too often.

For benching it doesnt matter what you wear feet wise.

Did a little research and I think I will be sending out a shipment in two weeks for a pair of Rogue Do-Wins. Hopefully the little bit of a heel won't mess with my dead lift. I have read reviews and the consensus is even with the heel the shoes will provide great stability on your deadlift.

These will be the most expensive shoes I have ever purchases, it will be money well spent I feel.

2011 Rogue Weightlifting Shoes

Did a little research and I think I will be sending out a shipment in two weeks for a pair of Rogue Do-Wins. Hopefully the little bit of a heel won't mess with my dead lift. I have read reviews and the consensus is even with the heel the shoes will provide great stability on your deadlift.

These will be the most expensive shoes I have ever purchases, it will be money well spent I feel.

2011 Rogue Weightlifting Shoes

Let me know if you like them I was thinking about buying these.

Top Bottom