Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Let's Clear Up this BC Pill thing shall we.

Sheena

There is so much going on backwards and forwards about the BC pill.

I did a post about a month ago asking all the girls about coming off and going on to IUD which I am doing in about twelve days and looking forward to it immensely, if a little shit scared of this 'pain and feeling faint after' stuff I keep hearing about from people around me. Mmmmm I feel safe...not!

Anyhoo, my point is girls, I just wanted to know, did any of you see a genuine significant drop in bodyfat (even if it was coupled with diet & cardio, please state) when you came off.

Not that I'm coming off as the last answer left on earth kinda thing, I'm just genuinely interested to hear about it.

Thank you once again my muscular and faifthful chums.

Sheena

p.s I'm really shit scared about having the IUD put in.
I'm such a baby!!!! LOL!!!:bawling:

I asked my doctor about an IUD and he is very against it as he says there is an extremely high instance of infection and abcess and complications resulting from such.

That would have been my BC preference, but he was DEAD SET against it.

I am not trying to scare you, just passing info along. Are there any options for you, say depo provera? My doc told me that it was even anabolic so that it would not interfere with A/S use (if this is a concern of yours) and that at lower dose (shots every two months as opposed to customary every 3 months) it would be safe and not have an impact on bf% (or should I say a noticeable impact).

Any other board members.....please share your experiences!

Thanks' Bikinimom, bless you..

My Doc told me the Depo injection will make me even heavier. I'm not bothered about the A/S aspect at all I'm not on them right now and don't intend to be for a while.

I'm coming of the bc after 13 years, because I'm sick of the water, mastitus breast lumps, high bf and fuzzy headaches and above all those damn harsh sugar & carb cravings.

I'm doing th IUD I'm justa little scared of the apparent pain.

Sheena xx:heart:

Sheena,

I've had my IUD about 4 years and love it. The good news is yes, I did notice a significant decrease in fat. (I gained about 15 pounds on the pill and could not drop it no matter what, even though I increased my workouts and followed a much stricter diet.) I think all that extra work just kept me from gaining EVEN more weight.

The first 10 pounds dropped easily (I'd say maybe in month or two). The last 5 took some work (but isn't that always the case?). Also, those constant hunger pangs that had plagued me on the pill went away, as did the horrible mood swings. I was gradually able to return to my normal diet and exercise routine and still get results.

Now the bad news. The insertion is not pleasant, but it's over very quickly. You may feel faint afterwards (I did), so plan on taking it easy afterwards. I think they insert it right at the end of your period, but it gave me a few more days of bleeding and cramps - nothing some Motrin and a heating pad couldn't handle though. Your first few periods might be heavy and crampy, but they get better over time. To me, it's been worth it NOT to be a "hormone hostage" :mad: anymore!

I've done the depo thing as have a few of my friends and we all gained about 10# of fat on it and I was working out pretty hard at the time. It took my body about 6 months to return to normal. Does anyone know what that shot is???
I really sympathize with women who may want children at some point as there don't seem to be any really great options. My husband had a vasectomy in January so I have been off the pill since Feb. and there were several times as my body readjusted that I considered going back on the pill as the pms, ovulation pain and heavy periods were extreme during the first three months. I have not seen dramatic fat loss however I have been on a bulking diet with no cardio and have only recently started working on the fat loss.

Fit Fossil.....

FFossil,

You are the third person to say I will feel faint, why do you think that is.

Do you think it is because the uterus is like right in the centre of us and up until then , nothing had touched it before...?

Or what?

By the way what is Motril, is it a painkiller, in which case I'm taking Ibuprofen, or is it an anti sickness/dizzy drug, don't foget I'm British so I've not heard of it.

Thank you so much for your honesty.

p.s All I'm reaLLY concerned about is the pain and the fainting. And obviosuly I'm really interested about the bodyfat issues.

Sheena:D

I have also been on bc for about 15 years - went off in Feb. I haven't noticed any significant changes in body fat - though I've also had some trouble dropping fat after 8 months of heavy dieting & training for competitions - probably some overtraining & a bulking diet. My OB-GYN said the pills I was on were very low dose and said they would not affect my weight one way or the other. Frankly I don't recall gaining any significant weight when I first went on them either. Though I have a tendency towards estrogen-pattern body fat (hips & thighs) and have always had the extra 10 lbs.

My first competition I was on BC and was able to lean out to 8%. I don't know if it would've been hard to drop down to a more respectable 6-7% if I had a couple more weeks to diet.

Probably didn't help much. I'm going to give my current diet/training a few more months to see if the fat loss is inhibited at all then decide if I go back on the same dosage I was on before. This IUD thing just sounds miserable and I didnt' seem to have bad effects from the BC.

Sheena,

Motrin is a brand of Ibuprofen. If you have Ibuprofen, that should be fine.

I don't know why getting the IUD makes you feel faint at first. It could be a combination of things. Like from being nervous about the whole thing and holding your breath. Or like you said, having that part of the uterus touched.

IUD's seem to be more common on your side of the ocean than in the USA, so that should help you feel more confident. My appointment was nerve-racking because they had to stop midway and go find the pediatric sized whatever-its-called gynocologic cervix tool, because the regular ones wouldn't fit since I've never had children. So, being in that precarious position for longer than usual probably made me even more nervous.

Maybe your doctor will have some suggestions (such as medication) to make the whole process easier for you. Maybe if you took some Ibuprofen beforehand that would help (if your Dr thinks that's ok). The painful part is over very quickly, and it's a dull pain, not a sharp pain. The faintness does not last very long either, so don't get yourself TOO worried - you'll be fine!

Depo-Provera (medroxyprogesterone acetate) will cause significant weight gain, due to the fact that progestins increase lipogenesis. They decrease insulin sensitivity and Depo-Provera can cause androgenic side effects.

My Bf dropped when I stopped the pill and the cellulite went away!!!!!!!!! My energy level was higher day after day. Don't worry about the pain, it's a bad day to go through but after that you'll be so happy!

LG

Top Bottom