Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Legs

alot of effort i guess..

i can tide you over till the pros get here, but it happens to everyone if ur worried

lol...thanks...I just started training legs heavier again (today was my first day back at it...I had the silly common fear that most woman had about traing legs), and got that sick feeling. Was just wondering if anyone else experienced that and if there was something I was doing wrong, or some sort of scientific explanation. I swear, it only happens when I train legs...

I get very light headed after a set of heavy squats...usually have to sit of squat down and hold the rack for 30sec so i don't fall over. Probably has something to do with your legs having such a large portion of your total muscle mass...more so then any other muscle group I would think. Working all that muscle hard puts a big strain on your body and probably directs a significant amount of blood away from your core and into your legs for the pump. I'd guess you're doing everything right.

JoBu

First off Nicole there is no such thing as a stupid question.

This is how we all learn.................. By asking :)

Ever hear the expression "squat till you puke" ?

There is a good reason this saying came about !!!

Lets face it...squats, when worked hard with max or even sub max effort are gut wrenching. And I agree with Jobu in that it demands and taxes a large percentage of your bodies muscle mass not to mention your entire core/ab structure. Squats shake your whole system up.

Although I have never actually puked during or immediately after squating I did come close and felt like puking many times.

IMHO.....what your feeling is quite normal and should subside after you (your bod) gets accustomed to it.

Karma for your squatting efforts.

Squat on Sister Steel :)

Last edited:
I think it's lactic acid buildup. This tends to happen more when you do a whole TON of reps. The lactic acid accumulates in muscles in blood, and doesn't get cleared quickly enough. Eventually it's almost like poison and the body wants to hurl.

Or I just made that up. :O Somebody corroborate that :)

casualbb said:
I think it's lactic acid buildup. This tends to happen more when you do a whole TON of reps. The lactic acid accumulates in muscles in blood, and doesn't get cleared quickly enough. Eventually it's almost like poison and the body wants to hurl.

Or I just made that up. :O Somebody corroborate that :)
bb has hit the nail on the head. (this time anyway) j/k :)

The following is an excerp from Dave Drapers book
Brother Iron, Sister Steel. I have high regard for Drapers wisdom.

PAGE 206, Titled (Nausea After A Workout).

The real culprits here (nausea) are the metabolic wastes that pack the system resulting in a nasty low blood pH and toxin overload. The body, like an energy producing factory, produces prodigious amounts of toxins and must eliminate them entirely and efficiently or fail. aka: puke, hurl, blow chunks, ralph, etc.

He also notes that this is more common with being deconditioned (out of shape) and an untuned (out of shape system) is incapable
of attaining an optimum performance level and the accompanying endorphins that subdue pain and heighten well being.

In other words Nicole, in time you will adjust to this.

Last edited:
did you do legs "only" the day you felt light headed or did you do another body part before... i know if i do exercises that take energy from me before squats it makes me want to pass out and puke (only took doing this once to learn to never do it again! lol )

legs are a very big muscle group that your body sends alot of blood to which causes the sensations of wanting to pass out.

also you need to watch your carb/sugar intake. If either of these are deficient, it can lead to the light headed, sick feeling.

Top Bottom