Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg day help-cwicko..bigdho..wnt2bbeast

halfaclue

Banned
Currently I do the following
Leg press w/u and then 3 sets 10-8-6 (in that area)
Leg curls 3 sets
Leg exts 3 sets
calf raises I do stairs..10 reps at each step and as many steps as I can do, times 3

My legs are hard and somewhat defined but I am 6' and my quads are 24 inches....to compare...Needsize's treetrunk legs are 29inches on his 5'9" frame...for my legs to look as big as his they would have to be around 32". I'm not saying I need them that big but I want them to be huge for a BBing show in June 05. So there will be time to work the definition later...I want all size...my calves are actually pretty good so all i need help with is the upper leg. My hammy's need serious help as well.

I'm not any of the people you listed in the thread title but where are the squats? Do you have an injury that prevents you from doing them?

UNFORTUNATELY...

YOU MUST SQUAT, SQUAT SOMEMORE, and SQUAT SOMEMORE.

I have horrible knees, but i force myself to do them. HOWEVER, i wont go past 315, but i will do them for a set of 10.

Add some straight leg deadlifts too, they will help your hams bigtime, but alternate them with deadlifts. One week do deadlifts and the next do straight leg deads (i prefer my knees locked). If you do straight legs, skip leg press and save them for the following week.

Now it's time to hit those legs hard and watch them grow.

The reason for not doing squats is my partner doesn't lift legs so i don't have a spotter...one time my leg gave out when I DID have a spotter and he grabbed me by the weight belt and kept me from going face first into a mirror and the squat rack stopped the weight. I'm worried about going heavy enough to work my legs without dangering myself by lifting with out a spotter. My knees have always been good knock on wood. I give them a try...so when I squat do i take out legg press? What about hack squats, the inclined ones?

and my quads are 24 inches

biggest part or midthigh? im not huge by any stretch but mine are 29" at the biggest part and all I do is squat & box squat for legs.

Ok, first thing you need to do is find a new workout partner and then a new gym with a power rack. theres no reason for not doing squats, excuses yes but no reason.

I think everyone beat me to the answer..lol I understand ur nervous about squatting as i was when i came back from knee surgery....but if you focus on your form rather than trying heavy singles or doubles you will see your legs grow..start off with a low weight that poses no threat and each week just keep bumping it up 5 or 10 lbs..also i agree with tweakle do your squats in a power rack and make sure you set the pins to at least parallel..just for piece of mind take a light weight and practice dumping it..Last, hack squats are also great for the quads and since your on a machine you dont really have to worry about a spotter..lately ive been doing my hacks facing into the machine..
my leg routine:
front squats 5x5
hack squats i do a few feeler sets but really only 1 or 2 work sets..my work sets are with 20 plates total so it takes time to get up to that weight..
Hams: 3- 6 sets depending on how i feel
seated leg curl 3x6-8
1 legged curl 3x6-8
thanks for including me in the title ;) i dont think my legs are all that big either (about 20 inches around the knee, not sure about the thigh) but im working on it!!

OK..we don't have a power rack so I'm screwed there...the squat racks available to me have the saftey bars that are not adjustable and are definitely below parallel. We have a smith machine but that feels awkward as all hell to do squats but I've used it for lunges before. I'll try to recruit a partner for leg days.

halfaclue said:
OK..we don't have a power rack so I'm screwed there...the squat racks available to me have the saftey bars that are not adjustable and are definitely below parallel. We have a smith machine but that feels awkward as all hell to do squats but I've used it for lunges before. I'll try to recruit a partner for leg days.
My gym only has one and no one ever uses it lol..i set the pins each week for squats and they dont move lol..dont be shy in the gym ask someone for a spot if you feel you need it..make sure you explain to them how you want to be spotted dont assume they know how..dont ever be afraid to go to a certain weight because you have no spotter just ask..its your development who gives a flying shit what anyone else thinks lol..good luck bro!!

wnt2bBeast said:
My gym only has one and no one ever uses it lol..i set the pins each week for squats and they dont move lol..dont be shy in the gym ask someone for a spot if you feel you need it..make sure you explain to them how you want to be spotted dont assume they know how..dont ever be afraid to go to a certain weight because you have no spotter just ask..its your development who gives a flying shit what anyone else thinks lol..good luck bro!!

Thanks man...I'll give you guys some updates in a few weeks.

Top Bottom