Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg day failure.

LSXPOWER239

Hey all. If been having a little issue that i was wondering maybe you could help me out on. So my past two leg days that i have had i got really lethargic and spaced out half way through my workout. I been struggling to get through my leg days. I keep trying to talk myself into chalking it up and i just seem to half ass it to get through it. I do about three exercises with about 4 sets a piece for my chest and back, so i always seem to think i should train my legs the same. For my legs i usually do something like this:

Squats 4 sets of 8-12 reps
Legs press 4 sets 8-12 reps
Leg extensions 4-5 sets 8-12 reps
Stiff leg dead lift 5 sets 8-12 reps
Leg curl machine 5 sets 8-12 reps

but today i tried something like this and i still felt very lethargic and zoned out

Squats 3 sets 8-10 reps
Stiff leg dead lift 4 sets 8-12 reps
Leg extension 5 sets 8-12 reps
Seated leg curls 5 sets 8-12 reps
Leg press 3 sets 8-12 reps

Its not so much the hamstring exercises that wear me out, but its the quad exercises that just finish me. This really hasn't been an issue until i started my pre workout break about a week and a half ago. I never feel this way during any of my other muscle group workouts even when going to failure. I had a great shoulder workout yesterday. Its really aggravating because my legs are already my weak point and i want them to GROW! So what do you recommend i do? Can i drop my quad exercises to about 8-10 sets total instead of 12 like i have been trying and still get decent gains? I just feel like if I'm doing 12-14 sets for chest, i feel like i should be doing 12-14 sets for quads to keep everything proportionate.

I think your workout volume is sufficient for legs, but a few things you need to look at:

-your rest periods between sets
-try switching up your rep ranges. Legs usually respond to higher reps (especially quads) so try playing with your reps and sets
-I don't know what your nutrition is like, but you may want to add a carb drink intraworkout. Some cyclic dextrins would probably work well with a little bit of protein.
-what are you eating BEFORE you train?

May be just the body's inability to clear the lactate that is building up in your legs, making you spacy and zoned out and really beat. Adding some beta alanine should help with that. PM me if you have any questions on where to get good product for buffering lactate and helping w/ leg workouts/workouts in general. !

Top Bottom